Deleting Windows.old after reinstalling Win7?

I just reinstall Win7 onto my SSD because I accidentally installed 32 bits instead of 64 bits.
So, after installing, it has to make a backup of the old windows. I went onto my program file and deleted the old windows file and did a disk cleanup to remove it.
I look back at my SSD, it says 75GB is used out of 112GB after a freshly new install Windows. So I assume the old windows is still store somewhere after deleting it? I checked the recycle bin, nothing. Disk cleanup, nothing. I doubt Windows 7 is using 75GB of storage after a fresh install.

Help?
3 answers Last reply
More about deleting windows reinstalling win7
  1. Check the other options in Disk Cleanup.....the one where it says System files or whatever.
  2. When opening up Disk Cleanup right click and select open as administrator if you don't see the other windows.old then I feel like you might have partitioned a lot of your dick space which is easy to fix.
  3. Chiuy said:
    I just reinstall Win7 onto my SSD because I accidentally installed 32 bits instead of 64 bits.
    So, after installing, it has to make a backup of the old windows. I went onto my program file and deleted the old windows file and did a disk cleanup to remove it.
    I look back at my SSD, it says 75GB is used out of 112GB after a freshly new install Windows. So I assume the old windows is still store somewhere after deleting it? I checked the recycle bin, nothing. Disk cleanup, nothing. I doubt Windows 7 is using 75GB of storage after a fresh install.

Help?

windows.old should be located at the root of c:\ C:\windows.old After you've copied any pictures, documents, music, etc. of files you saved yourself to another directory outside of that one,, you can go ahead and delete it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives SSD Disk Cleanup Storage