Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good temp for my set up?

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
September 27, 2010 5:05:28 PM

Hello,

I just built my first PC over the weekend. I booted my PC on this morning (so it wasn't really warmed up) and using the program that came with my ASUS MB it said the CPU temp was 28-29 C. I believe it said the case temp was just a couple degrees warmer than that.

I was just wondering if that is a good idle temp for my set up:

Silverstone FT02 Case - running fans on high
i5-760 processor (standard settings)
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus HSF

Let me know if you guys need any more info or if there is a better way to check the idle and load temps.

Thanks in advance.

More about : good temp set

a c 105 à CPUs
September 27, 2010 5:11:57 PM

your temps are fine

28-29 is perfect for idle temps. make sure your load temps during gaming/work does not break 60c and your golden.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 27, 2010 5:13:26 PM

That seems abnormally low, actually. Well, maybe it's on the spot - I'm so used to my 750 temps at 40 idle with an overclock. But yeah, good idle temps.

The real question comes down to load temps. Prime95 is good for that since it runs constantly, but Intel Burn Test is IMO a better overall stability check (it's quicker) but also tends to get temps a couple degrees higher.

Also, try downloading HWMonitor and Real Temp to compare the readings.
m
l
Related resources
September 27, 2010 5:35:36 PM

Awesome! Thanks you guys, I'll check again when I get home and try to check the load temps. :wahoo: 
m
l
a c 105 à CPUs
September 27, 2010 5:56:04 PM

i have the same cooler, my OC x4 955 idles at 29-31c

cinebench is a great tool to see load temps. runs all your cores at 100%, its quicker then Prime95 and gives you a pretty pic to look at.
m
l
!