$2500 gaming PC

bizarr0

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Hey gang,

Looking for some help with a new system. I've never built a PC from scratch, but I'm comfortable with working with the components - my main problem is that I've mostly been out of the hardware loop since I purchased my last PC six years ago (which is what this system will be replacing), so I really have no idea where to start.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next week

BUDGET RANGE: Approx. $2500; $2600 at the most

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, internet

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Speakers not needed / mouse and keyboard can be left out if there's no room in the budget

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: U.S.A.

PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel Core i7 CPU

OVERCLOCKING: No - perhaps in the future, but really am not comfortable with it

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Would like a quiet, nice-looking windowed case with lighting. Also, please list things like additional cooling components, thermal paste, etc..

Any and all help is appreciated!

lowriderflow

Distinguished
^^agreed above. If you were trying to get the most *bang for your buck* - I'd go with two EVGA GTX260's superclocked ($209 each at newegg) for $420, they are better than a GTX480 and come in a little bit slower than the 5970 (buy much much cheaper!) - if you jsut want the best, then get the 5970.

If you're spending that much, defiantely get a logitech g series gamign keyboard and a quality mouse of whatever design you like.

Check out logicbuy.com for some hot monitor deals. Occasionally have a 24" 1080p for around $170 after rebates

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010

yes but not all games handle sli that great + it will ruin the upgrade path

TRENDING THREADS