Nvidia Drivers 257.21 SLI Corruption

I downloaded the latest released Nvidia drivers vs 257.21, and experienced severe graphic jumping while running 3DM06 in SLI, I'm running 2 260GTX in SLI, and as a single card run there was no problem, so I uninstalled the driver and went back to the previous release.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It would be better to test some games before rolling back to the older drivers Ryan.Install the 257.21 drivers again but this time do a clean install(uninstall the older drivers from the control panel,then download and install driver sweeper from guru3d.com and boot to safe mode,open driver sweeper and click on Nvidia and choose Clean,then boot normally to windows and install the new drivers)

I'd already rolled back to the older drivers and there was no problems at all with SLI, maybe there was some corruption in the download I'll probably re-download the driver and give it another try, I did like the improved SLI panel in the Nvidia control panel.

Even with Nvidia's Unified driver architecture, some releases work great for some graphics cards and not so great for others, even though Nvidia claims different usually the next release includes a fix for the past problem, this is a big jump from the 197 series to the 257, so I'm quite sure they'll get the bugs out eventually, the 197 drivers work great for my setup anyway.

I was just curious if anyone else had the same SLI problems, and if various hardware combination's had something to do with it.

zehpavora

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Well, sometimes my driver won't boot, like it was uninstalled, so I have to install it again. Sometimes it also blocks SLI in my PC, but still recognizes both cards.

My system is:
i7 920 @ 3.2GHz;
6GB RAM;
2 gtx275 SLI;
Windows 7 64x Ultimate.

I just installed the 257.21 without uninstalling the beta 257.15 and that was installed over the top of the 197.57 beta and like I stated earlier, no corruption has been seen.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Also want add one to the "these drivers are giving me problems" group. Significant performance hit in 3Dmark, any games containing 3D video suffering massive slow-downs. Running GTX 285 in SLI.