Sign in with
Your question

Corsair Vengeance! Problems with 1 x 4GB!

Last response: in Memory
May 15, 2011 2:12:50 AM

I am having problems with my Corsair Vengeance 1 x 4GB!

The problem is that my computer sometimes freezes and becomes completely unresponsive! This happens at any time, even when idle, but mostly happens in game!

What have I tried?
I've tried multiple things before even realising I was dealing with a RAM problem. No components are overheating, everything is seated correctly. I have since tried changing the RAM speed and voltage, effectively experimenting with everything I could on the BIOS RAM settings.

What do you (the experts, professionals and veterans of the computer world) think the best course of action is?

Should I get more sticks? Can I survive on 1 stick? Do I need to do something?

I'd much prefer to not have to buy more RAM just yet as I can't afford it. But what must be done, must be done.
a b } Memory
May 15, 2011 2:31:13 AM

Okay, just so I have this right...

You have one 4GB stick of RAM? Or do you have two and one of them is defective?

What makes you think the problem is RAM-related?

Based on the config in your signature, I'd consider the four year old graphics card as a more likely culprit.
May 15, 2011 2:37:18 AM

Quote:
Okay, just so I have this right...

You have one 4GB stick of RAM? Or do you have two and one of them is defective?

I have 1 4BG stick

Quote:
What makes you think the problem is RAM-related?

I done many things that eliminate other pieces of my PC and I am about 93% sure it's RAM

Quote:
Based on the config in your signature, I'd consider the four year old graphics card as a more likely culprit.

It would seem like it's easy to blame the card. And I know it needs upgrading (which I'll be doing soon). But my old CPU/RAM never used to do this combined with this card.

Used to have:
-AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+
-2 x 512MB @ 800mhz
Related resources
!