Sign in with
Your question

Can fromat a flash drive

Last response: in Storage
October 8, 2012 12:57:38 PM

I just bought a sony and a kingston flash drive. ( both are 32 GB ).
they were working fine but when i wanted to format them they became kind of dead, windows cant format them, and also couldn't format them with disk management. (windows was unable to complete the format ) also tried safe mode and formatting from another PC. they are not write protected. i have the problem with both of them. and now just the pop-up for USB stick and just their names appear but no capacity. win 7 x86. any advice ?!

More about : fromat flash drive

a c 75 G Storage
October 8, 2012 1:11:13 PM

what error are you getting when you try to format it in windows?
a b G Storage
October 8, 2012 1:14:00 PM

If you have a USB stick that shows zero capacity then I am sorry but you have a fake USB stick. Return it to your supplier as soon as possible.
Related resources
October 8, 2012 2:09:22 PM

rgd1101 said:
what error are you getting when you try to format it in windows?

windows was unable to complete the format
October 8, 2012 2:10:13 PM

pjmelect said:
If you have a USB stick that shows zero capacity then I am sorry but you have a fake USB stick. Return it to your supplier as soon as possible.

no it was working fine and and showing the correct capacity. this happened when i tried to format them. please read the post :) 
a b G Storage
October 9, 2012 1:14:17 PM

Quote:
no it was working fine and and showing the correct capacity. this happened when i tried to format them. please read the post :) 

I did read the post, the drive may have shown the correct capacity and would work without problems until you exceed its true capacity (which you would do if you formatted it) I have seen this problem many times and fake drives often give these symptoms of a drive with zero capacity, Try Goggling fake flash drives.
!