Can fromat a flash drive

I just bought a sony and a kingston flash drive. ( both are 32 GB ).
they were working fine but when i wanted to format them they became kind of dead, windows cant format them, and also couldn't format them with disk management. (windows was unable to complete the format ) also tried safe mode and formatting from another PC. they are not write protected. i have the problem with both of them. and now just the pop-up for USB stick and just their names appear but no capacity. win 7 x86. any advice ?!
6 answers Last reply
More about fromat flash drive
  1. what error are you getting when you try to format it in windows?
  2. If you have a USB stick that shows zero capacity then I am sorry but you have a fake USB stick. Return it to your supplier as soon as possible.
  3. rgd1101 said:
    what error are you getting when you try to format it in windows?

    windows was unable to complete the format
  4. pjmelect said:
    If you have a USB stick that shows zero capacity then I am sorry but you have a fake USB stick. Return it to your supplier as soon as possible.

    no it was working fine and and showing the correct capacity. this happened when i tried to format them. please read the post :)
  5. Use this:

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool.shtml

    If they are legitimate drives it will fix your problem.
  6. Quote:
    no it was working fine and and showing the correct capacity. this happened when i tried to format them. please read the post :)



    I did read the post, the drive may have shown the correct capacity and would work without problems until you exceed its true capacity (which you would do if you formatted it) I have seen this problem many times and fake drives often give these symptoms of a drive with zero capacity, Try Goggling fake flash drives.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flash Media Flash Drive Format Storage