johnthesmilers

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
hello...
currently im using msi h67-ma-e45
i want to sell it though

and try the ecs h67-h2-m3...it is quite cheap...
so does anyone know the quality of ecs ?

my second choice is asrock h61

thank you all

Solution

Well in most cases a motherboard change requires an OS reinstall.. There are methods however to avoid that.. And since you would be changing to a same chipset motherboard, you might not require it..

johnthesmilers

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
don't have problem actually,,but ecs is cheap..i want to upgrade from i3-2100 to i5-2400....
my plan is to sell my mobo and switch to ecs,,from the money there i can do upgrade to i5-2400....

so do you think it's worth it ?

Jumping from a dual core i3 to a quad core i5 is surely worth it.. But your motherboard selection is awry.. I'd still recommend you to upgrade your CPU while keeping the same board.. Also, if you have a system running already, changing the motherboard would make it complex till the extent that you might need to re-install the OS.. Thus for a ~20$ benefit, I personally do not see any need to sell your current motherboard and go for an inferior model..

Well in most cases a motherboard change requires an OS reinstall.. There are methods however to avoid that.. And since you would be changing to a same chipset motherboard, you might not require it..

Solution

Usually.

I have an ECS motherboard. And I must admit that it was more than worth what I paid for it - free as part of a Frye's package deal.

ECS motherboards tend to be no frills, basic, locked BIOS (poor overclocking capability) motherboards of excessively mediocre quality. There's a reason why they are so cheap.