UK Power Supply ???

GamersAreTheBest

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
hi everyone ,

i live in the Middle East at the moment and as i mentioned in my previous thread that my area computer stores don't sell 80plus certified power supplies . So i have to buy it overseas . my area power voltage is "220v" , frequency "50hz" and plug category "I" . I am planning to get a UK power supply while i am there since the UK power voltage [220v-240v the only thing different ] , frequency and plug category is same as in my area . but the prices are too high compared to the US . anyways this is the psu i plan on buying from the UK,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Silent-600W-Modular/dp/tech-data/B001CDFXAG/ref=de_a_smtd

my question in this power supply lies in these three lines
Input Voltage: 90 - 264 V (Auto Range)
Input Current: 10 A at 115 V, 5 A at 230 V
Input Frequency Range: 47 - 63 Hz

so the input voltage can be in the range of 90-264 v meaning that a 220 voltage will work, am i rite??? the current makes no sense since 220v is not mentioned . The frequency line builds a same question in my head as the voltage question.

also tell me will a UK power supply work in the ME flawlessly and thank you

The PSU has active PFC. Basically, it will take pretty much whatever comes out of the wall and power your PC with it.

I work in Saudi Arabia. I bring PSU's (mostly Corsairs and Antecs) back from the US whenever I go home on vacation.

Assuming the PSU is good, you will not have any problem powering your system.