Sign in with
Your question

Is 44 Celsius ok for my graphics card at idle

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 18, 2010 2:00:55 PM

Hi Everyony

I was just wondering If 44 degrees Celsius is ok for my graphics card to be at when it is idle its just that my computer has stopped responding twice over the last few days when i was watching a film it totally locks up and i have to reboot .

When im watching a film the temp is between 47-48

im running a ATI Radeon HD 4800 series card

any advice would be much appreciated

O and my CPU temp is 28-29 idle and when watching a film it is about 32-33

Thank you James :) 
a b U Graphics card
June 18, 2010 2:18:44 PM

44 is ok ...its within the normal temp range
a b U Graphics card
June 18, 2010 2:26:44 PM

44 is fine and 28-33 is very cool for your CPU, obviously depending exactly on what your CPU is.

The lock ups may be caused by catalyst 10.5 drivers (if you still have them), try updating to the latest 10.6 and see if your lock ups stop.
Related resources
June 18, 2010 2:49:22 PM

Hi Thanks for all the comments so far

Griffolion said:
44 is fine and 28-33 is very cool for your CPU, obviously depending exactly on what your CPU is.

The lock ups may be caused by catalyst 10.5 drivers (if you still have them), try updating to the latest 10.6 and see if your lock ups stop.

I am on 10.5 at the moment i will update to the latest catalyst driver and see if that works
June 24, 2010 6:53:16 AM

Griffolion said:

Hi Griffolion

I have been using the 10.6 catalyst for the past few days now
and i haven't had any more crashes like i had before,
so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Thank you all who commented on this.
And thank you Griffolion for the advice
you sir are a star :D 
!