Sign in with
Your question

How to format Local Disk (D

Last response: in Storage
October 8, 2012 11:03:21 PM

Hi i fomatted my pc and i have 50GB in C and 25 GB in D... i tried to format D normally but it says windows cannot format D... so i used killdisk to erase D and then with devide manager created the partition D again but i have the same message. Still cant format it . What should i do is there some software that can format my local disk???

More about : format local disk

October 9, 2012 5:09:22 PM

u tried formatting via disk management
October 9, 2012 10:26:28 PM

yes i tried it says windows cannot format local disk D....
Related resources
a c 104 G Storage
October 10, 2012 12:41:17 AM

Don't have all the needed info:

Look in Disk Management in the graphical lower area. Is this a single SSD Drive, like Drive 0? What are the properties in the Disk info column (Disk 0, Basic, size, online)? And under the Volume info column, do you have just the two partitions, C and D? or others?

If there's nothing important in this partition, you can just delete the partition, which will become Unallocated space. Then make a new partition, and reformat the new partition with NTFS. Remember when you delete a partition, you will lose all data in that partition.
a b G Storage
October 10, 2012 5:09:15 AM

Seems you want to format D to fat32 format? If that you could try partition software, like AOMEI Partition Assistant or NTFS to FAT32 converter.
!