funny mouse behavour

Ive noticed recently that my ps/2 optical mouse when moved really fast, the
mouse pointer moveshalf a centmiter then jumps back again. Is there a way to
fix this. Ive read some articles on non linear mouse filter, but cant find
any drivers for that sort of thing

Meltdown

Alexander Barrett enlightened us with:
> Ive noticed recently that my ps/2 optical mouse when moved really
> fast, the mouse pointer moveshalf a centmiter then jumps back again.
> Is there a way to fix this. Ive read some articles on non linear
> mouse filter, but cant find any drivers for that sort of thing

And how do you think we can help you, without any information about
your mouse, computer, OS and drivers?

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Alexander Barrett schrieb:

> Ive noticed recently that my ps/2 optical mouse when moved really fast,
> the mouse pointer moveshalf a centmiter then jumps back again. Is there a
> way to fix this. Ive read some articles on non linear mouse filter, but
> cant find any drivers for that sort of thing
Clean the optical "eye" at the bottom of your mouse with a tissue. It may be
something deflecting the light source. Mine was scratched, and displayed
similar behaviour. I had to dump it and buy a new one.

--

Bora Ugurlu
mailto:boraugurlu@yahoo.de

Alexander Barrett wrote:
> Ive noticed recently that my ps/2 optical mouse when moved really
> fast, the mouse pointer moveshalf a centmiter then jumps back again.
> Is there a way to fix this. Ive read some articles on non linear
> mouse filter, but cant find any drivers for that sort of thing

like Bora I had the same problem. there were some hairs under the optical
eye.

hth

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

sorry guys, its a 4d browser mouse, optical ps/2. Windows 98 Se. It does in
in me and xp too. I dont use a mouse matt.

Andrew

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:17:26 GMT, "Sticks"
<veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I dont use a mouse matt.

That could be your problem, optical mice need some kind of pattern to
track, and a mouse mat can often be beneficial.

Don't know where you live, but in the U.S. the best deal on a great
optical mouse pad is a "cloth cutting pad", for lack of a better
description, from the sewing/fabric department at Walmart (it's a thin
rubber like pad). They are twice the size of a typical mouse pad, and
about the same cost. And, if you want, they make a supersize model
you can cut in half to make 2 large mouse pads. I use the back side
of the pad (the top side has measurement marks thereon) which is a
dull gray color. Works better than any optical pad I've used to date.

--
Best regards,
Kyle