Missing Wireless zero configuration

My laptop run XP home edition Service Pack 2........Some how it is missing
the component in services.msc for "Wireless zero configuration".

How can I install it, I already downloaded and install ALL microsoft
updates and the Wireless zero config still missing.
I need it to Enable my wireless WEP Encription to match my routers WEP
Encription.

Thanks,
Mark
4 answers Last reply
More about missing wireless configuration

    "MarkM" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My laptop run XP home edition Service Pack 2........Some how it is missing
    >the component in services.msc for "Wireless zero configuration".

    Check if the corresponding service is started in the Control Panel >
    Administrative Tools > Services.
    "How to Troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    Service Pack 2" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870702)

    --
    (tm)

    Thorsten,
    Thanks for the link and suggetion.
    I reviewed the link info and it tells how to check if the "Wireless zero
    configuration" service is running. I did that and the response was "The
    specified service does not exist as an installed service"..............still
    my problem is how do I install this Wiereless zero configuration service? I
    can not find a way to install it, do I have to reinstall SP 2?

    Thanks,
    Mark

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "MarkM" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >My laptop run XP home edition Service Pack 2........Some how it is missing
    > >the component in services.msc for "Wireless zero configuration".
    >
    > Check if the corresponding service is started in the Control Panel >
    > Administrative Tools > Services.
    > "How to Troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    > Service Pack 2" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870702)
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    I found the following article about installing the 'Wireless zero Config
    service'. However, I do not know where to find the "Target Designer" in XP
    home edition.
    any ideas?
    thanks.
    ==================
    To add the Wireless Zero Configuration component to your configuration

    In Target Designer, click Search, type Wireless Zero Configuration, and then
    choose the Search icon.
    The Wireless Zero Configuration component is highlighted in the component
    browser.

    Drag the Wireless Zero Configuration component to the configuration editor
    pane.
    Repeat steps 1 and 2 to add the Network Provisioning Service component and
    the Primitive: Wzcsvc component.
    Note When you run a dependency check, be sure to add all of the components
    that are required by these three wireless components.
    ==========================

    In news:0CD7D725-3F8F-4D70-92F5-838EC7506FB6@microsoft.com,
    MarkM <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    > I found the following article about installing the 'Wireless zero Config
    > service'. However, I do not know where to find the "Target Designer" in
    > XP home edition.
    > any ideas?
    > thanks.
    > ==================
    > To add the Wireless Zero Configuration component to your configuration
    >
    > In Target Designer, click Search, type Wireless Zero Configuration, and
    > then choose the Search icon.
    > The Wireless Zero Configuration component is highlighted in the component
    > browser.
    >
    > Drag the Wireless Zero Configuration component to the configuration editor
    > pane.
    > Repeat steps 1 and 2 to add the Network Provisioning Service component and
    > the Primitive: Wzcsvc component.
    > Note When you run a dependency check, be sure to add all of the
    > components that are required by these three wireless components.
    > ==========================
    >
    > "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:
    >
    > > "MarkM" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > My laptop run XP home edition Service Pack 2........Some how it is
    > > > missing the component in services.msc for "Wireless zero
    > > > configuration".
    > >
    > > Check if the corresponding service is started in the Control Panel >
    > > Administrative Tools > Services.
    > > "How to Troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    > > Service Pack 2" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870702)
    > >
    > > --
    > > (tm)

    Does This help??

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xpehelp/html/tdconTargetDesignerGuide.asp

    --

    Eddie in Colorado Springs

    "Apathy...I'm not for it or against it!"

Configuration Wireless Microsoft Windows XP