Crysis Crashes

Why oh why does it keep crashing?

GPU - Radeon 5850 1gig ddr5

CPU - AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz

and 4 gigs of ddr3

What the heck is going on here? I just built my first computer about 2 weeks ago, i.e., I'm inexperienced. Game plays fine for a while and looks beautiful... then it just crashes. I'm running a 32bit version of Windows 7 (It's what I had) and I have the latest GPU driver, Crysis Patch 1.2, and DirectX 11. GPU idles at about 38C and under load of Crysis only gets up to about 58C max. So I don't think my GPU is overheating. I'm pushing it all with 750W power supply. So I don't think I'm underpowered. PLEASE HELP!! I suck at life.
12 answers Last reply
More about crysis crashes
  1. Do you have the latest VGA drivers installed ?
    Also does it give you any errors or it just simply crashes in to windows ?
  2. The crashing, does it happen at the end, or everywhere?

    You mentioned you are using Win 7, you might want to turn off aero. Crysis seems to have a memory leak, and Aero takes a lot of memory to run. If you turn off Aero, it takes a lot longer before the memory leak causes a problem.
  3. Maziar said:
    Do you have the latest VGA drivers installed ?
    Also does it give you any errors or it just simply crashes in to windows ?


    My GPU doesn't have VGA. Only HDMI and DVI. it simply crashes into windows no error messages.
  4. bystander said:
    The crashing, does it happen at the end, or everywhere?

    You mentioned you are using Win 7, you might want to turn off aero. Crysis seems to have a memory leak, and Aero takes a lot of memory to run. If you turn off Aero, it takes a lot longer before the memory leak causes a problem.


    Eveytime it crashes is when I die and click the fire button to reload. It crashes on the Reload. How the hell do i turn off Aero? I can't seem to find anything legit when i google it. What exactly is Aero anyway?
  5. The easiest way to turn off Aero is to right click the desktop, choose personalize, then choose a non-Aero theme.
  6. Maziar said:
    By VGA i didn't mean the cable,i meant the GPU instead.Make sure you have the latest drivers(which is currently catalyst 10.6) installed


    I do have 10.6
  7. dmullens818 said:
    My GPU doesn't have VGA. Only HDMI and DVI. it simply crashes into windows no error messages.

    By VGA i didn't mean the cable,i meant the GPU instead.Make sure you have the latest drivers(which is currently catalyst 10.6) installed
  8. Apparently 10.6 is causing performance issues.

    I had similar issues after installing 10.6.

    After trying these, I rolled back to 10.3.

    Try 10.3 or 10.4. IMO, they are the most stable.

    Good luck.
  9. Try older drivers like hunuok said
    Also how is the situation in other games ?
  10. Maziar said:
    Try older drivers like hunuok said
    Also how is the situation in other games ?


    Works fine with other games, such as StarCraft 2. Here is a silly question. I can't seem to figure out how to take a step down from Catalyst 10.6. How exactly do I get 10.3 or 10.4?
  11. From AMD(there is a section for older drivers)
    Choose your OS here
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
    Then there is a option called "Previous drivers",select that and it will show the older drivers such as 10.5/10.4/10.3
  12. I don't know if i should mention this but have you tried using a no-cd crack? Crysis also used to crash on me, bringing a black screen and a windows encountered a problem thing but after applying the crack, crashing problems were gone
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon GPUs Crysis Graphics