Usng a hdd as a boot drive in 1 and media drive in the other

forr3zt

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hey, I was wondering if I could use my laptop's hdd as a media drive for my desktop, and as a boot drive for when I want to use my laptop. Meaning I would put it in my desktop, and whenever I would go somewhere with my laptop I would put the drive back in and be on my way.

Thanks for the Help!

Solution
Is the drive in your laptop a SATA drive? If so there shouldn't be a problem (unless you're using an ancient desktop with no SATA support, lol). Just hook it up to your desktop like any other hard drive. I would suggest creating a new folder for your media before you put it in the desktop so you don't get confused and accidentally mess with the operating system files.

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Is the drive in your laptop a SATA drive? If so there shouldn't be a problem (unless you're using an ancient desktop with no SATA support, lol). Just hook it up to your desktop like any other hard drive. I would suggest creating a new folder for your media before you put it in the desktop so you don't get confused and accidentally mess with the operating system files.

Solution