Screen size

:hello: Hello, i have seen on more then one thread here on toms or other sites where people made a recommendation of a video card based on the screen size.

So my question is, does the screen size influence in any way the fluidity of the game, do you get lower fps on a bigger screen then on a smaller one at the same resolution?

I have a 32'' 1920x1080 display and my question is based on that resolution.

Would i get more fps on a 22-24" screen and less fps on a 40-50'' display?

My personal opinion is that no matter what size the screen is, at the same resolution you get the same fps. :sol:
3 answers Last reply
More about screen size
  1. Same resolution, Same FPS.

Your video card in conjunction with the rest of your computer is processing the images and spitting them out at a specified resolution for your display. It is then your displays job (IE: Your monitor) to push that picture onto whatever size monitor/tv you have. As long as it's the same resolution, I HIGHLY doubt you would notice any difference in framerate.
  2. Screen size does not matter. It is the resolution that is important.

The performance on a 24" 1920 x 1200 resolution monitor will be the same 102" 1920 x 1200 monitor / screen.
  3. On a quick follow up, some people may recommend certain cards depending on screen type. EX: If you have a huge High Def tv, you may want to get a card that has an HDMI output on it for better picture quality.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Screen Size Resolution FPS Graphics