Starting Server

Howdy,

When I type in the command to start the game, I get [screen 0] ucc at
the top of my terminal

This is what is at the top of the terminal.

Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Unreal engine initialized
Browse:
DM-Deck16][?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=Botpack.TeamGamePlus
LoadMap:
DM-Deck16][?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=Botpack.TeamGamePlus
Bound to Fire.so

What I am trying to do is figure out what I need to modify to change how
the game starts. The file I have been modifing seems to let me make
some changes, but not all. I know I am missing something, can someone
point me in the correct direction?

gorilla
2 answers Last reply
More about starting server

    I have to get a copy of the startup script. I believe the Admin has it
    in the root directory and I do not have access to that. I will update
    once I get it figured out.

    gorilla

    gorilla wrote:
    > Howdy,
    >
    > When I type in the command to start the game, I get [screen 0] ucc at
    > the top of my terminal
    >
    > This is what is at the top of the terminal.
    >
    > Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
    > Unreal engine initialized
    > Browse:
    > DM-Deck16][?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=Botpack.TeamGamePlus
    >
    > LoadMap:
    > DM-Deck16][?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=Botpack.TeamGamePlus
    >
    > Bound to Fire.so
    >

    > What I am trying to do is figure out what I need to modify to change how
    > the game starts. The file I have been modifing seems to let me make
    > some changes, but not all. I know I am missing something, can someone
    > point me in the correct direction?
    >
    > gorilla

    gorilla enlightened us with:
    > I have to get a copy of the startup script. I believe the Admin has
    > it in the root directory and I do not have access to that. I will
    > update once I get it figured out.

    You probably *have* access to the root directory, which is /. You are
    probably talking about the homedirectory of the root user, which is
    /root. Don't confuse the two.

    Here is my server startup script of UT2004:

    #!/bin/bash

    cd $HOME/ut2004-ded/System
    ../ucc-bin server 'ONS-Torlan' ini=server.ini -nohomedir

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Engine Games Command Prompt Servers Video Games