X-fi Titanium fatal1ty not working

ausghostdog

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Ok so I just got my new X-fi card today, it has installed fine no issues I done the up date fine. The computer nor any of the creative programs say its there yet it shows up in my sound devices and in my device manager just fine.

Any ideas?

mobo is a gigabyte Ga-965p-s3 as well incase that helps and win 7
1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

3.jpg

I've disabled on-board sound, installed the latest drivers and yeah

With no drivers installed what so ever and the system picking the card up as a hd audio device i am getting sound through it

Solution
Download and install Driversweeper
Run in Safemode
Check off Creative
Click Analyse
Click Clean
Restart normal
Do re-install as admin
you could also try a different slot
What's with all the Nvidia devices?

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
That's a dilly of a pickle. Mine worked straight away, bit of fiddling with the win 7 drivers as I had a beta copy of win 7 and the drivers werent 100% compatible at the time, but it worked none the less. There should be a creative update program there, try that maybe it might need to update some of the software rather than the drivers. Another suggestion would be to remove the card completely, boot up, stick the card back in and see if it recognises it then, and then if that doesnt work remove the card, boot up and uninstall the drivers and software, reinsert the card and boot up again. After it's installed the card, then install the drivers and software and see what happens.