Sign in with
Your question
Solved

D1601 led

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 18, 2010 8:18:00 PM

Whilst transferring my current system into a new case the d1601 red led on my Vapor-X HD 4870 2GB GDDR5 card comes on when I start up the system.

No change to the system its self have been made, I have now stripped the system down to the motherboard, graphics card, and memory but it remains the same.

Wishing I hadn't took it out of its old case now as it was working fine before.

Many Thanks, kalvinparker

More about : d1601 led

Best solution

June 19, 2010 1:57:16 AM

Have you tried CLR-CMOS to re-set the BIOS settings to default, and then seeing if the card's LED's are green?
June 19, 2010 8:55:59 AM

Yes I did, I cleared the CMOS with the jumpers also tried removing the battery and re-installing it with no luck.
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2010 7:02:52 PM

Best answer selected by kalvinparker.
m
l
June 30, 2010 2:30:49 AM

Have tried running your system outside the case? The method is called "breadboarding" and you set your motherboard on a flat piece of cardboard (to keep it insulated), on a tabletop. Then you install the components to the board, connect the power/data/video leads to their components, and fire it up. If you try this and your card works, then it is likely your new case is causing a short circuit, or other problem causing the video card to fail. Just keep children, pets, and metal objects away from the setup while you are testing it.
m
l
!