Sign in with
Your question

Cd dvd drive is not detected in windows vista hp pavillion. System BIOS does rec

Last response: in Storage
October 9, 2012 4:20:54 PM

Hello, My HP laptop stopped recognizing the Optiarc CD/DVD writer a couple of days ago. It is not recognized in 'My Computer', it won't open. It only opens when the computer is first booting up. I've tried everything to correct ths, including deleting the upper and lower filers in the registry editor. The drive appears to be recognized in the system BIOS when I view it there. Is there something I'm missing here?
October 9, 2012 4:46:37 PM

please provide the Laptop Model, Operating system and what are these upper and lower files you are refeering to deleteing in the registry?
m
l
October 9, 2012 5:10:12 PM

It's an HP model no DV6700. There were several Microsoft tutorials online that gave instructions on deleting "upper" and "lower" filters from the registry editor in the HKEY Local Machine area of the registry editor.
m
l
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b G Storage
January 13, 2013 11:36:32 AM

michigan11465 said:
It's an HP model no DV6700. There were several Microsoft tutorials online that gave instructions on deleting "upper" and "lower" filters from the registry editor in the HKEY Local Machine area of the registry editor.

have you fixed the issue with your cdRom??? i'm having the same issue. Thanks.
m
l
!