Sign in with
Your question

Monitor display problems with 5870

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 18, 2010 9:59:34 PM

I recently purchased an XFX HD-587X-ZNDC Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) XXX Edition 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity and am having problems getting it to display on my monitor. I was previously running two 8800 GTX's in SLI and I made sure to uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and software before physically removing the cards. My motherboard is an ASUS P5N-D, which I checked this site and found an article saying that the Radeon 5000 series was compatible with my motherboard. My power supply is a 780 watt, so I'm pretty sure it's not a power issue, so maybe I have to disable the onboard video display drivers from BIOS (which I've never had to in the past) or maybe it's something wrong with my monitor or what cables I have to use to connect my video card to the monitor (monitor is a Dell UltraSharp U2410 with 2 DVI-D inputs, 1 HDMI input, 1 AVI input, and 1 DisplayPort).

So, my question is, since it's an EyeInfinity card, do I have to have multiple monitors to make it work, or is there a way I can just use a single monitor, and if so, how do I set that up?
a c 100 C Monitor
June 18, 2010 10:07:36 PM

It should work with just one monitor. Eyefinity is only new tech to expand a single desktop on to more than one monitor. If you are not getting any display from the card and seating of the card and all connections are good, it is possible DOA. You can try disabling your onboard.
m
l
June 19, 2010 8:01:20 AM

Hey there,

1. Did you use driver sweeper to remove previous NVIDIA drivers? If not, there could be remnants of it left on your system.
2. Try disabling onboard graphics.
3. Connect via DVI or HDMI.
4. Using a single monitor is just plug and play.
5. If all else fails, RMA the card. As rolli mentioned, it could be DOA.
m
l
!