BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award
BIOS Date: October 13th 2004
BIOS ID: 10/13/2004-i845G-W83627-6A69VRMBC-00-None
BIOS OEM: Intel,845GL/GV -005 - 6.00 PG
Chipset: Intel 2560 rev 3
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: Unknown
Motherboard: i845G-W83627

actually the thing is i never did any BIOS update for my pc and i hav old pantium 4 pc ...because of some reaoson now i hav to update my BIOS.actually i searched in net here and there i got some updates about BIOS but i did not wanna risk on BIOS chip because as i said my pc is extremely old and if i mess up with my BIOS chip i won't get another ...so can some buddy help ???

More about : bios update

a c 435 V Motherboard
May 18, 2011 2:20:34 AM

Why do you want to update the bios? That chipset has a limit of 533 for the cpu bus speed regardless of the bios version. 2.8 or 3.06 is the max cpu speed you can run.
May 18, 2011 11:14:45 AM

hey thankz for the reply ...but i really did not get what u said here ...but the reason behind the BIOS update is that i have recently bought a Hitachi 500gb SATA hard drive and my PC accepts IDE hardware so in order to make my Hitachi hard drive to IDE i bought "ULTRA COVETER" to convert my SATA hard drive to IDE.After i was done converting my hard drive i attached to my computer but my computer does not detects the Hitachi hard drive,so i asked the question that after converting my Hitachi hard rive my computer does not detects the hard drive why ??? here in toms hardware at hardware sections so some guy said u need to update the BIOS ....so should i update my BIOS in order to make work my Hitachi hard dive ?????????
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
May 18, 2011 7:46:50 PM

Get a sata II card instead. They only cost about $15 with free shipping at some pricewatch venders. All you need is one pci slot.
May 19, 2011 4:26:59 PM

hey hi thankz for the reply again ...just fro ur info ..my first option was SATA II but u know what i leave in a small town.In my town i have hardly 2 or 3 computer shops i have checked a the computer shops in my town,but SATA II in not available in my town.They advised me to take ultra converter or external hard drive case,but they also told to get SATA II u have to go out of town and that can cost me ...so i took ultra converter for 16$ which means 60 dirhams,dirhams for united Arab emirates i leave there ...i guess spending another 15$ would not be a great idea for me ...so therefor tell one thing why can't i update my BIOS and if i did update my BIOS would my hard drive work ????
a c 435 V Motherboard
May 19, 2011 8:50:35 PM

No. If you have a sata port on your motherboard, it should work with sata I or sata II drives. No bios flash I know of will change your board capabilities with sata drives. You could end up with a dead board. Oem flash programs aren't as reliable.
!