Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Free i7-950

Last response: in CPUs
September 28, 2010 7:29:14 PM

Sorry guys, nothing free here.

I was banned and just wanted to get in the last word about how sad Tom's Hardware has become.

Mouseboy (MouseMonkey) banned me because I suggested that he MAY be a noob. I didn't actually call him a noob, just suggested it because he made a fanboy statement about how all ATI drivers are no good. Obviously if that was the case, professional reviews sites like Anandtech or Overclockers would report such a thing.

None of these sites have ever reported that ATI's drivers are an issue. That's because they know how to properly install them, unlike MouseBoy and his fanboy idiocracy. I've used every version since 7.9, yep, no issues at all.

I've been on this site for 6 years and have 26 badges. I EARNED those badges by helping people. Something Mouseboy is unable to do. That's what this site used to be all about, helping people, not making fanboy comments.

If you read his posts, you'll see that none of his posts are helpful to ANY-one, in ANY-way whatsoever. They are only bigheaded, immature and downright rude replies to members posts.

Why they appoint immature, rude, and unknowledgeable kids as moderators, I'll never know. But it's a shame, and it's the reason this site has taken a huge nosedive the last 2 years.

The guy doesn't even have the nuts to talk to me like and adult or even give me a warning. That's because he has the brain of a Monkey and the cahonas of a Mouse, making his name very fitting.

I could make up a thousand new account names to stay on this site if I wanted to, but I'm actually glad he banned me so I can move on from this site. The immaturity and moderator bully-ism has gotten so ridiculous, that people can call each other vulgar names and curse, yet not get banned, but I can INSINUATE someone is a noob and I get banned.

A goodbye to all and best wishes! I'm moving on to bigger and much better things. Good ridens MouseBoy. :hello: 

More about : free 950

a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 7:36:08 PM

Tip 1. DONT CALL MOUSEMONKEY MOUSEBOY! Its just gonna piss him off more, he will close this thread, and shows immaturity.

Point 1. AMD drivers arent too great right now TBH. Cards=win, drivers=fail. If you havent had problems, your just lucky.

What was the point of this thread to begin with? He banned you, take it like a man, move on with life...dont come back at him, he actually is quite intelligent when it comes to computers to say the least. Mod's can be a little zealous with thread closing, but eh, oh well.
September 28, 2010 7:41:56 PM

If AMD drivers have problems. How come none of the professional review sites mention any of them?? HMMM???

I'll call MouseBoy whatever I want. Do you really think I care if he closes the thread Mr. buttkisser? LOL

I know many, many people running 57XX and 58XX series cards with no problems, including me and I have 2 different cards, 4850 and 5850.

Sorry if your not knowledgeable to properly install drivers.

I did take it like a man, and I have moved on. Mind your own business kid.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 7:47:41 PM

So your confused about your gender, or your female? Same saying applies. How am i suppose to know what you are based on 1 post? Hey, i have a 4890, i like it, but guess what, 10.3-10.7ish had some serious problems. Overclocking got screwed up, black screens, wierd artifacing after going to screen saver with game paused...Im not saying they are terrible, but they really arent that good. You may know a lot of people with no problems, but look around THG, or anywhere, people complain or need help a lot. And so basically, just because i disagree with this pointless rant of yours, im obviously a Nvidia fanboy, and also of coursed mouse-brained. Sure why not, think what you want. Way i see it, AMD has the better cards out right now, and looking good ones in the very near future, and Nvidia has the more stable drivers. Just how it is. Disagree if you will, but dont sink to the level of the people you accuse of unagreeable behavior? And i havent seen a site do a review on drivers in a long time...They only really do them on cards.
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 7:54:31 PM

...in before this thread gets deleted.

It's usually considered poor form to call out the Staff.
September 28, 2010 7:54:48 PM

I'm not confused about my gender, had to use Wifes email account.

It's a shame MouseBoy can't be a man and just ban's people for no reason whatsoever.

Obviously like I said your unknowledgeable as well. If you had a clue, you would know why the clock speeds were messed up in 10.3-10.7, it wasn't a problem, it was done on purpose. AMD had to increase idle clock speeds because the low clock speeds were an issue with the newer 120hz monitors and made them go black.

Obviously you didn't know that. Your forgiven.

September 28, 2010 7:56:39 PM

Scotteq said:
...in before this thread gets deleted.

It's usually considered poor form to call out the Staff.

It's usually considered poor to ban somebody for no reason without even saying anything to them. Someone with 6 years and 26 badges. But that's MouseBoy for ya, that's how he rolls.

That's why he closes people threads at will. Pretty ridiculous.

Oh and I'm loving the ass-kissing going on here. Hilarious.
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 7:56:58 PM

ChrissyT said:
It's a shame MouseBoy can't be a man and just ban's people for no reason whatsoever.

Obviously like I said your unknowledgeable as well. If you had a clue, you would know why the clock speeds were messed up in 10.3-10.7, it wasn't a problem, it was done on purpose. AMD had to increase idle clock speeds because the low clock speeds were an issue with the newer 120hz monitors and made them go black.

Obviously you didn't know that. Your forgiven.

No...that actually had nothing to do with what im talking about? Jeez, fanboys and malcontents, all of them are quick to insult people personally. If this is how you usually are, you complaing about being banned? When you said helping, did you mean making people feel bad about themselves so eventually they would feel better? :lol: 
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 7:59:06 PM

ChrissyT said:
It's usually considered poor to ban somebody for no reason without even saying anything to them. Someone with 6 years and 26 badges. But that's MouseBoy for ya, that's how he rolls.

What are you, a boy/girl scout (no insult intended, your just confusing me about your gender)? Woo hoo, 26 badges. Im just wondering, why were you here? To learn, get all the leaks and info, voice your opinion and help? Thats more or less why im here. Are you here to brag about badges. I just dont get it. But thats because i dont know what im doing isnt it... :sarcastic: 
September 28, 2010 8:00:04 PM

Obviously if you thought the driver UPDATE was a PROBLEM, yes your a noob.

The clock speeds change for idle clocks was done on purpose and if you read the release notes (must be able to read), you would know that the driver was fine, you just THOUGHT it was a problem. LOL
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 8:01:44 PM

ChrissyT said:

Oh and I'm loving the ass-kissing going on here. Hilarious.

Well - The normal drill for contesting a ban is to take it to the site Admin via PM's. Making a public scene about it merely affirms the Staff's judgment to be correct.
September 28, 2010 8:02:16 PM

Ignorance is bliss. AMD changes clock rates to account for newer 120mhz monitors, and 800,000 people think the drivers are bad. Absolutely clueless.
September 28, 2010 8:02:56 PM

Scotteq said:
Well - The normal drill for contesting a ban is to take it to the site Admin via PM's. Making a public scene about it merely affirms the Staff's judgment to be correct.

But like I said, I have no desire to be on this site anymore, so why would I do something stupid like that? You can read right?

MouseBoy is probably busy closing someone's thread as we speak. That's all he's good for.

I'm out for good people. Will not revisit this thread. Closing account. By kiddies.
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 8:05:17 PM

ChrissyT said:
Obviously if you thought the driver UPDATE was a PROBLEM, yes your a noob.

The clock speeds change for idle clocks was done on purpose and if you read the release notes (must be able to read), you would know that the driver was fine, you just THOUGHT it was a problem. LOL

You speak like a teenager. All these "LOL" and "noobs". And yes...the driver updates ARE the problem. What can you possibly imagine it was besides that? Little gnomes go around kicking peoples video cards at night? The idle clocks have nothing to do with it. When i overclocked it, it had problems. Didnt have them with previous drivers. Scientific conclusion=drivers are to blame. You attacking me, someone who has nothing to do with this rant, just affirms Mousemonkeys ban.
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 8:10:41 PM

ChrissyT said:

I was banned

No one cares.
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 8:11:05 PM

ChrissyT said:
But like I said, I have no desire to be on this site anymore, so why would I do something stupid like that? You can read right?

MouseBoy is probably busy closing someone's thread as we speak. That's all he's good for.

I'm out for good people. Will not revisit this thread. Closing account. By kiddies.

Clearly someone is upset - After all, if you really didn't want to be here, then this thread wouldn't exist. Would it? :sarcastic: 

a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 8:19:49 PM

Can some moderator close this thread already?
September 28, 2010 8:22:05 PM

AMD drivers are okay...

I overclock my 5850 like a charm since I received it.

For the ban, a mod is equal to a god.
Spit on the god and watch the thunder.
September 28, 2010 8:38:40 PM

This topic has been closed by Jaydeejohn
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2010 11:37:13 PM

This topic has been reopen by Reynod
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2010 11:38:51 PM

Seriously? Hmmm, are the mods bringing the rain or something? :lol: 
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2010 11:51:37 PM

For the record 8 moderators debated and voted to give you a short ban ... not MouseMonkey.

He also did not ban you ... that was another mod (the same mod who sent you a long PM with a please explain).

Insulting the mod publicly will get you nowhere.

You insulted other users in virtually 75% of your last 50 posts.

You were warned by three different mods over the past two months.

We take other users complaints about being harassed, belittled, abused, and poorly treated seriously.

Take your medicine Zippy, modify your behaviour, and your welcome to return to the site and participate.

Just for the record MouseMonkey is one of the more leniant mods ...

Now I will close the thread.
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2010 11:52:48 PM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!