Computer shuts down while Im playing games.

Hello,
My computer randomly shuts off while im playing Empire: Total War. Its a bran new Dell with Windows 7 and its kinda pissing me off because even when I turn the graphics down all the way my computer still crashes and will not turn on unless i hold the power button for 5 sec. im only 15 and not very good technical wise some help would be nice.
6 answers Last reply
More about computer shuts playing games
  1. Sounds like a component is overheating and shutting down the system to prevent damage. Download GPU-Z and CoreTemp and look at your temperaturs when you are playing a game and at the desktop, Also what graphics card and processor do you have?
  2. Why don't you contact Dell?
  3. You could also try CPUID HWmonitor and look at the voltage and temperatures of all your units. I'd try that and take a screenshot by opening windows paint, selecting the CPUID HW monitor so its up on your screen and hitting prnt scr or ctrl p then selecting windows paint and hitting ctrl v.

Then post the image on the forums if you can, or if you can't host the file somewhere and provide us with a link.

If I were you I would NOT play any games until you figure this out. Sounds like something is seriously wrong.
  4. Have you tried other games? It could be a memory leak in the game itself and not a hardware fault.
  5. ram1009 said:
    Why don't you contact Dell?

I did and they did not know what it was.
  6. siliconvideo said:
    Have you tried other games? It could be a memory leak in the game itself and not a hardware fault.

I have and some of them work and some dont its all random.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computer Games Components