Ankheg Armour: a thought...

Ankheg Armour should surely be usable by single-class Druids in BG2. I
believe it *was* so usable in BG1 - I'm sure I remember Faldorn using
it.

After all, it's a "natural" material, as natural as the leather that
druids are allowed to use...

Jonathan.

They should also be able to wear any of the dragon hide armors as well.

"Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Ankheg Armour should surely be usable by single-class Druids in BG2. I
> believe it *was* so usable in BG1 - I'm sure I remember Faldorn using
> it.
>
> After all, it's a "natural" material, as natural as the leather that
> druids are allowed to use...
>
> Jonathan.

Ragnar

"Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Ankheg Armour should surely be usable by single-class Druids in BG2. I
> believe it *was* so usable in BG1 - I'm sure I remember Faldorn using
> it.
>
> After all, it's a "natural" material, as natural as the leather that
> druids are allowed to use...

So what's "unnatural" about iron? Its in the Earth and requires Fire and
Water to make into steel.

"Ragnar" <rworkss@kornet.net> wrote in message

> "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Ankheg Armour should surely be usable by single-class Druids in BG2. I
> > believe it *was* so usable in BG1 - I'm sure I remember Faldorn using
> > it.
> >
> > After all, it's a "natural" material, as natural as the leather that
> > druids are allowed to use...
>
> So what's "unnatural" about iron? Its in the Earth and requires Fire and
> Water to make into steel.

Surely it must be because iron for a long time formed the material
basis of civilization?

What's the rationale given for why mages can't wear armor - it
interferes with their thought processes, or something like that, right?
Jaheira is grumpy because she's most often encased in something that
hasn't died.

kevin wrote:

> What's the rationale given for why mages can't wear armor - it
> interferes with their thought processes, or something like that, right?

Interferes with the necessary gestures for spellcasting.

"kevin" <khiggins2@nyukhouston.rr.com> wrote in message news:<ky2fc.21104$jR6.20266@fe2.texas.rr.com>...
> What's the rationale given for why mages can't wear armor - it
> interferes with their thought processes, or something like that, right?
> Jaheira is grumpy because she's most often encased in something that
> hasn't died.

Besides, if iron interfered with their thought processes it would not
make much sense that single-classed wizards can use items such as the
bracers of defense, or for dual/multi-classed wizards, a helmet and a
shield.

-Echon

In progress: The Fields of the Dead
http://echon.cyg.dk/bgmod