Best tele-massacre game against bots or real players?

Todd

I've been working my way through thousands of downloaded maps in
botmatches, and I've gotten bored. But then again, I'm only playing
on Average.

I decided to work on my week guns, the rocket launcher, bio-gun, and
razer gun (I tend to kill myself as much as the enemy), then realized
I'd left one out. The translocator.

So I went one on one, then one on one on one, then one on one on one
on one. (That's me and three bots in free for all, last man
standing.)

I have the revenge and pinata mutators, so I usually only loose lives
if there's hazards. (If a bot kills me, I hunt him down and get my
life back; I'm not sure revenge in lms works as well for the bots as
the host.)

So a tele-massacre would be a match where you win using only the
translocator.

So what's everybody else done in the way of tele-massacres? Bots or
real players? (I was in an online domination match where one of my
opponents killed me with the translocator. I was so insulted, I quit
the game.)

Funny you should mention this. I got tele-fragged by a bot online the
other day and have been practicing against bots, and some people using
only the transporter. I much prefer any sniper rifle, but the
transporter has a much more personal feel to it.

gorilla

Todd <noone@nowhere.com> Blessed us with

> So what's everybody else done in the way of tele-massacres?
> Bots or real players?

You could probably write a 'translocator arena' where everyone
only gets a translocator as the default weapon and no other
weapons would be in the map. I think it would be more fun to
make everyone have *no* weapon at game start then place several
translocator pickups around the map. A map with lots of hazards
would be the best choice for the transloc arena. If you fall off
of something just fire your transloc disk and transloc to it and
you're safe.

> (I was in an online domination match
> where one of my opponents killed me with the translocator. I
> was so insulted, I quit the game.)

I have played in several online games now and have never been
accidentally or intentionally telefragged with the translocator
.....YET. I also only use the translocator to get from point a to
point b and I did get lucky one time and accidentally telefragged
an unfortunate bot that happened to be trying to get to the edge
that I fell off of to kill me. Likewise, I was trying to get back
up on the ledge to kill the bot. Hehe! Two birds with one stone!
LOL I got back up on the ledge....and....I got a frag for it!.
The map was DM-barricade I believe. OTOH I've been telefragged on
numerous occasions in DM-barricade on single player by the bots.
There are certain places in that map you don't want to stand in
for long periods of time!. I suppose the question is now could
someone write a translocator arena with no default weapon? I
could, but would *everyone* like it?. Would it also need powerups
and armor? I would call it "Telefragg Arena". It wouldn't work
at all with the bots I'm afraid because the bots have been
programmed by Epic to be very squeamish with their translocator
and I couldn't imagine them using it to intentionally kill things
with.

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:00:26 +0000, JHall wrote:

> Todd <noone@nowhere.com> Blessed us with
>
>> So what's everybody else done in the way of tele-massacres? Bots or real
>> players?
>
> You could probably write a 'translocator arena' where everyone only gets a
> translocator as the default weapon and no other weapons would be in the
> map.

IIRC this mutator already exists.

--
{AGUT}DeadMan

{AGUT}DeadMan <oldman1961@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:00:26 +0000, JHall wrote:
>
>> Todd <noone@nowhere.com> Blessed us with
>>
>>> So what's everybody else done in the way of tele-massacres?
>>> Bots or real players?
>>
>> You could probably write a 'translocator arena' where everyone
>> only gets a translocator as the default weapon and no other
>> weapons would be in the map.
>
> IIRC this mutator already exists.

Do the bots use it well? Might work ok with all human players,
but the bots gard their translocators with their lives, if you
know what I mean!. They only use it when the enemy is either
a certain distance away or the enemy can't see them at all.
The bots are always afraid that someone is going to damage
their translocator disk. One thing that bots do well with
the translocator is telefrag their own team members but in
a straight death match there are no team members. I could
be wrong though if the mutator you spoke of also changed
the code for the bots to make them use it as a weapon. I
learned at the Unreal Playground that the bots have one
mission in life, and that's to find new and interesting items,
and kill you with them, except for the translocator.
I may try a Google for this mutator later. You wouldn't by
chance remember the name of it would you? I would like to
try it out. :)

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:37:20 +0000, JHall wrote:

>>> You could probably write a 'translocator arena' where everyone only
>>> gets a translocator as the default weapon and no other weapons would be
>>> in the map.
>>
>> IIRC this mutator already exists.
>
> Do the bots use it well? Might work ok with all human players, but the
> bots gard their translocators with their lives, if you know what I mean!.
> They only use it when the enemy is either a certain distance away or the
> enemy can't see them at all. The bots are always afraid that someone is
> going to damage their translocator disk. One thing that bots do well with
> the translocator is telefrag their own team members but in a straight
> death match there are no team members. I could be wrong though if the
> mutator you spoke of also changed the code for the bots to make them use
> it as a weapon. I learned at the Unreal Playground that the bots have one
> mission in life, and that's to find new and interesting items, and kill
> you with them, except for the translocator. I may try a Google for this
> mutator later. You wouldn't by chance remember the name of it would you?
> I would like to try it out. :)

TranslocatorArena.zip is the filename on the MOW site, but it comes back
404. Maybe somebody has it archived. I thought I did but it doesn't seem
to be where I thought I left it. I can't really say how the bots play as I
have little experience with either bots or the mutator.

hth
--
{AGUT}DeadMan

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:36:17 -0400, {AGUT}DeadMan wrote:

>>> IIRC this mutator already exists.
>>
>> Do the bots use it well? Might work ok with all human players, but the
>> bots gard their translocators with their lives, if you know what I
>> mean!. They only use it when the enemy is either a certain distance away
>> or the enemy can't see them at all. The bots are always afraid that
>> someone is going to damage their translocator disk. One thing that bots
>> do well with the translocator is telefrag their own team members but in
>> a straight death match there are no team members. I could be wrong
>> though if the mutator you spoke of also changed the code for the bots to
>> make them use it as a weapon. I learned at the Unreal Playground that
>> the bots have one mission in life, and that's to find new and
>> interesting items, and kill you with them, except for the translocator.
>> I may try a Google for this mutator later. You wouldn't by chance
>> remember the name of it would you? I would like to try it out. :)
>
> TranslocatorArena.zip is the filename on the MOW site, but it comes back
> 404. Maybe somebody has it archived. I thought I did but it doesn't seem
> to be where I thought I left it. I can't really say how the bots play as I
> have little experience with either bots or the mutator.
>
> hth

Found a working link
<http://www.geocities.com/voxmail2003/translocatorArena.zip>
--

> Found a working link
> <http://www.geocities.com/voxmail2003/translocatorArena.zip>

Thanks a lot DeadMan! I just went online to try to find it and
checked this group out first. I'm glad I did. I downloaded it
and will try it out a bit later. Thanks again DM for taking the
time and effort to find it for me! :)