SUS is not updating clients/servers

I am currently using SUS on my Domain Controller (Win2k3 Srvr Standard), and
I am using it in conjuction with Group Policy. I have configured the Default
Domain Policy to point my clients to "http://MySUSserver". The Windows
Update.log seems unhelpful.

I have approved several updates and none of them are showing installed on
the client computers under Add/Remove Programs (if I show Windows Updates).
My other 5 servers in the domain also are not installing the updates
automatically, Because I have approved Win2k3 Srv Service Pack 1 and it has
not been installed (it has been approved for over two weeks).

Any advice would appreciated.

Thanks

Cadstillo

I believe you configured more detailed policy than just intranet update
service location. Look under
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate whether the clients
got the policy propagated or not.

It does propogate. So is the intranet address right?

http://MySUSserver

Thanks

"Jetro" wrote:

> I believe you configured more detailed policy than just intranet update
> service location. Look under
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate whether the clients
> got the policy propagated or not.

Does SUS server update itself?

No, that is the funny thing it does not update itself. I did make one change
though. I noticed that "Everyone" was not added to the permissions on the SUS
folder. So I just added Everyone with Read/Execute perms.

Thanks for the reply
CADstillo