Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sandy / bulldozer Price

Last response: in CPUs
September 29, 2010 12:43:59 AM

I was curious if anyone heard or knows of the price range the new CPU's will be for both intel and amd. I was going to build a new gaming pc with:

I5-760
Tx650w Corsair
Gtx 460 1 gb SLI
4gb (2x2gb) Corsair

Then realized that it might be better to wait. I like the price range of 150 - 250 hence my choice of the i5-760. Input on waiting or just building now would be appreciated. I currently have a 6 year old gaming pc but it works for now, not in a huge rush. Thanks in advance.

More about : sandy bulldozer price

a c 123 à CPUs
September 29, 2010 12:50:12 AM

For Sandy Bridge:

http://www.fudzilla.com/processors/item/19850-cheapest-...$78

Its ahrd to trust fud but its all we have.

As for Bulldozer, there has been very little on it and pricing there has been nothing. SO its hard to say.

I would say it will depend on how well is performs compared to Sandy Bridge which will determine the price of it.
September 29, 2010 2:18:23 AM

With the information above, would you advise building now or waiting.
Related resources

Best solution

a c 123 à CPUs
September 29, 2010 5:25:37 AM

I personally would wait. The series from Sandy Bridge will offer better performance as well as they will have unlocked multiplier CPUs for a decent price that seem to overclock pretty easily on air cooling.

Intel was showing off one that they had clocked to 4.9GHz on air. Close to the 5GHz range.

As for Bulldozer, its hard to say. It seems to be an interesting idea but its hard to say without any third party testing to see if the idea will transfer over into benefits. Plus from what we have heard its being delayed. Then again thats rumors since AMD has yet to deny or confirm the rumors. If Bulldozer is not out until late 2011 it might be hard to wait that long.

Of course it all depends on what you have now. I have a pretty old Q6600 but am waiting until I see something from Ivy Bridge @ 22nm and whatever AMD has out at the time.

Maybe by that time Intel will have their Photonics implemented. They found a way to use silicon to transfer data via light. They used 4 lasers that were pushing 50Gbps. They did it for 27 hours straight and transfered about a petabit worth of data with no problems.

Of course by then there will be even better stuff on the horizon but thats normal for PC tech.
September 29, 2010 5:32:55 AM

Best answer selected by NGEd72.
!