Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Older Ports (d-sub)

Last response: in Components
September 29, 2010 3:01:34 AM

Hey guys,
I want to hook up my Yamaha p-80 piano up to my computer. Yamaha says i can connected it with a: Synthesizer Controller Cable, 8-pin Mini-DIN to DE9.
my computer has no port for this cable to fit into.
is there something I can buy to interface this cable with my PC?
is there an alternative method to hook up a Mini -DIN component?
My p-80 also has MIDI in and out. it also has a stereo standard 1/4inch pin patch cord ports the same for electric gutiars. (as well the red and white RCA cables to hook up to stereo)

what do you guys think?

More about : older ports

Best solution

September 29, 2010 12:08:23 PM

You can get a MIDI - USB cable/converter
October 6, 2010 2:35:34 PM

yeah thats what I ended up getting, the eMedia MIDI to USB interface. plug and play.
October 6, 2010 2:35:49 PM

Best answer selected by steadfast1984.