2 HD Raid, C drive is PCI-E SSD?

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I want to put two of my hard drives in Raid1, but I'm not sure how to do it the right way with my setup. I put the two drives in raid now, but now my bios doesn't recognize my revodrive. The revodrive itself is fine and it's bios and physical lights show all good signs.

I have a GA-Z68XP-UD4.

The first question I have is about the options in Integrated Peripherals. I have PCH SATA, GSATA, and eSATA. Which one do i put into raid? I know its not eSATA.
My Revodrive needs AHCI for best performace. I know GSATA says its the onboard SATA controller but theres two adapters (0 and 1) in the raid setup. I may be talking over my own head here so thats where I need help.

Is it possible to use a Revodrive 3 and Raid1 on a GA-Z68XP-UD4? And if possible, how do I go about keeping the performance of my SSD along with having a Raid array?

Thanks guys!

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
no i have it in raid now, I have essentially two options to do RAID, the PCH SATA and GSATA. I dont know which one to put into Raid and which one to put into AHCI. Do you know the difference or what PCH SATA is?

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
So the PCH doesn't control the revodrive but it will control my SATA drives?
And the onboard sata controller does too?
I think the GSATA is just for extra drives and I should use my first couple of SATA ports. But do you think having a PCI-E primary drive and RAID is possible?