Sign in with
Your question

Overseas build power?

Last response: in Systems
July 27, 2010 2:49:05 PM

i recently moved to Sweden and am looking to build a gaming PC but am curious as to if i would be able to buy the parts from the states i.e. newegg/tigerdirect and have it work here. I realize the power difference between the 2 country's but would i just be able to purchase the power supply here and everything else there? the reason is price. Computer(and all electronics) are ridiculously expensive here(25% sales tax). my girlfriends brother just built one and purchased the Radeon HD 5870 Video Card for a little over $550, its currently on tigerdirect for $389. i Built a PC on tigerdirect that absolutely kills his including the black edition amd 6 core processor all for about $650 cheaper.

I just dont know how the power systems work. If i can buy everything state side and just the power supply here that would be insanely awesome!! thanks if you have any suggestions or advice!!

More about : overseas build power

July 27, 2010 3:04:49 PM

You just need a power supply with Active PFC, aka no red voltage switch on the back. That automatically adjusts whatever voltage and frequency is coming in to what the PSU needs to run so it can be used anywhere in the world so you can buy all of your parts in the states including the power supply, you will just need to pick up the appropriate power cable for your region of the world.
!