UT opengl

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 12, 2004 5:23:29 AM

Help, ive been trying to get opengl to work properly in ut for ages. Im
using an ati all in wonder 128 pro card which i know has issues with gamma,
which is the main problem. Im using the latest version of my drivers which
was supposed to fix this, but opengl games as still far to dark. I did
manage to get it working but my computer died and i had to reinstal
everything. Anyone know of a good opengl driver that works with ut and half
life??

More about : opengl

July 12, 2004 2:27:12 PM

I've tried this driver, when in the menus it runs so slow, mouse movement
regesters 20 seconds, and theres also some corruption at top of page. It may
be wrong opengl settings in my unrealtournament.ini
Im sure i used that one before and it worked. I seem to remember copying a
list of settings for the ati card, but i cant find them
July 12, 2004 2:32:41 PM

found the settings i used for ut that worked last time. still no joy, im
running powerstrip but it cant be that cause it worked with powerstrip
before, nothing is overclocked. only thing i can think of is im using
windws98. last time it worked was in xp.
July 12, 2004 2:53:52 PM

"Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D NtIc.32941$I%1.10868@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> found the settings i used for ut that worked last time. still no joy, im
> running powerstrip but it cant be that cause it worked with powerstrip
> before, nothing is overclocked. only thing i can think of is im using
> windws98. last time it worked was in xp.

i`m lost for words then . I myself am using a ATI card with Catalyst 4.5`s.
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 6:47:55 PM

Sticks wrote:
> Help, ive been trying to get opengl to work properly in ut for ages. Im
> using an ati all in wonder 128 pro card which i know has issues with gamma,
> which is the main problem. Im using the latest version of my drivers which
> was supposed to fix this, but opengl games as still far to dark. I did
> manage to get it working but my computer died and i had to reinstal
> everything. Anyone know of a good opengl driver that works with ut and half
> life??

For UT.
http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/
July 12, 2004 7:05:36 PM

Sticks enlightened us with:
> found the settings i used for ut that worked last time. still no
> joy, im running powerstrip but it cant be that cause it worked with
> powerstrip before, nothing is overclocked. only thing i can think of
> is im using windws98. last time it worked was in xp.

Have you tried the following already?
1. Clean your cache.
2. Make sure you exit _all_ unneeded background programs.
3. Download AdAware and run & upgrade it regularly.
4. Switch to OpenGL.
5. Defragment your harddisk every week.
6. Make sure you run the latest official version of UT and/or 2K3.
7. Upgrade all your drivers to the latest version.
8. Re-install DirectX.
9. If you have a Via MoBo, install the 4-in-1 drivers.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 3:25:27 PM

MeltDown <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> Blessed us
with news:slrncf53a5.rqp.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com:

> 6. Make sure you run the latest official version of UT and/or 2K3.

Now it's also the latest official version of 2k4 too isn't it?
Unless all of the patches for it are *unofficial*!.

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
July 16, 2004 6:14:46 AM

I think i have got rid of the gamma prob, when the game loads, its
incredibly slow, infact so slow i cant move around the menu, it takes about
a minute for the pointer to move after i move the mouse.

System Spec:
AMD 1.2 266fsb (running at 100)
512mb pc 133 memory
ATI All in wodner 128 pro card agp x4(this is a few years old but still
seems to cut it)
abit kt7 motherboard
creative ensonque 1371 sound card
July 16, 2004 3:14:49 PM

damit this is so annoying, i had opengl working perfectly before. I know it
does work.

!