Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Which is the best graphic cards within the ragne of INR 10,000 to 12,0

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 19, 2010 7:29:34 PM

Which is the best graphic cards within the ragne of INR 10,000 to 12,000.

My PC configuration is Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4400 @ 2.00 GHz 3 GB RAM. At present Nvidia 9400 GT 1GB card is installed in My PC but I am not satisfied with it's performance. I play a games like Assasins's Creed 1 and 2, Prince of Perisa 1,2,3,4 and latest one the Unforgotten Sands. Also My monitor is having a cable ending with blue cord I guess it is called as VGA.

My question is whether latest version of nvidia graphic card is compatible with My PC or not and if yes then from where can I get the vga to dvi converter , whether NVIDIA provides converter with latest graphic cards or I can buy a coverter seperately and in case I buy it seperately then will it affect the performance of display quality and game or not. Also suggest Me the stores in Mumbai from where can I get the Best deal on this.

Thanks.

More about : graphic cards ragne inr 000

a c 189 U Graphics card
June 20, 2010 5:38:19 AM

What about your PSU? brand? model?
And INR 10,000 = ??? $
Score
0
June 20, 2010 5:44:59 AM

if ur psu can handle it buy the ati 5770, which is like 9500 inr
Score
0
Related resources
June 20, 2010 7:57:25 AM

+1.Get a HD 5770.
Score
0
June 20, 2010 3:59:44 PM

wa1 said:
What about your PSU? brand? model?
And INR 10,000 = ??? $

INR 12,000 = USD 260
Pardon Me for lack of knowledge on Power supplier Unit. Just guide Me how to find out the PSU, it's brand and model.
Score
0
June 20, 2010 4:09:51 PM

parithosh93 said:
if ur psu can handle it buy the ati 5770, which is like 9500 inr

Thanks Parithose.

Pardon Me for lack of knowledge on Power supplier Unit. Just guide Me how to find out the PSU, it's brand and model. Also I am having desktop computer of Lenovo and I m having VGA monitor tht's the another concern so I hope I will get a VGA to DVI converter from the computer vendor and I hope it will not affect the performance and display of the GPU.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2010 4:44:49 PM

http://www.antec.outervision.com/
put ur config here to get an idea of psu power required :) 
and yeah check theitdepot.com they sell products at highest price in india.. so u ll get an idea.. :) 
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2010 4:46:58 PM

and yeah...wont that cpu hold back 5770?
Score
0
June 20, 2010 4:53:58 PM

surtitanuj said:
INR 12,000 = USD 260
Pardon Me for lack of knowledge on Power supplier Unit. Just guide Me how to find out the PSU, it's brand and model.


Open left side of you case and look for big box. Can be in left top corner or left bottom corner. On the box you will see brend and voltage power...
Score
0
June 20, 2010 5:17:01 PM

surtitanuj said:
INR 12,000 = USD 260
Pardon Me for lack of knowledge on Power supplier Unit. Just guide Me how to find out the PSU, it's brand and model.

OK INR 12,000 = USD 260 But That is meaningless for us as
INR 12000 ~ USD 185
considering the insane Taxes on Video cards in our country.
I think Corsair VX450 and HD5770 would be good but would cost @ Rs 14000. If you cant stretch your budget go for 5750.

As it is your C2D is going to choke the 5770.
Score
0
June 26, 2010 6:55:07 AM

wa1 said:
What about your PSU? brand? model?
And INR 10,000 = ??? $



PSU is 280 Watts and on mother it is written as PCIE 16X
Score
0
June 26, 2010 6:59:00 AM

parithosh93 said:
if ur psu can handle it buy the ati 5770, which is like 9500 inr


power supply at present supports is 280 Watts and in PCIE slot it is written as PCIE16X
Score
0
June 26, 2010 7:01:47 AM

Misko195 said:
Open left side of you case and look for big box. Can be in left top corner or left bottom corner. On the box you will see brend and voltage power...



hey thnx 4 tht and PSU supports 280 Watts
Score
0
June 26, 2010 7:14:21 AM

chinuhark said:
OK INR 12,000 = USD 260 But That is meaningless for us as
INR 12000 ~ USD 185
considering the insane Taxes on Video cards in our country.
I think Corsair VX450 and HD5770 would be good but would cost @ Rs 14000. If you cant stretch your budget go for 5750.

As it is your C2D is going to choke the 5770.


At present PSU is 280 watts. if I increase the PSU then will it run smoothly on MY PC. When I opened My CPU at tht time in PCI express slot it was written as PCIE16X. Tell me if you required more information on my pc to advise on this. Also tell Me whether this card is better then NVIDIA or not at the prices range given.
Score
0
June 26, 2010 7:20:40 AM

If you want any decent graphics card, first you'd have to upgrade your psu. You can get Gigabyte 460w for Rs 2200/- or Corsair 450 vx for 3800/-.
For your price range, HD 4890 for Rs. 11000/- is the best option. Lower is 5770 for 9000/- and higher is 5850 for 15000/-.
Score
0
June 26, 2010 8:01:46 AM

hsetir said:
If you want any decent graphics card, first you'd have to upgrade your psu. You can get Gigabyte 460w for Rs 2200/- or Corsair 450 vx for 3800/-.
For your price range, HD 4890 for Rs. 11000/- is the best option. Lower is 5770 for 9000/- and higher is 5850 for 15000/-.



thnx frd. why there a price difference between two though 2nd one is having low watts. Just now I hv installed CPUID application so I can give more information on my PC bcoz apart from PCIE slot 3 more slots r their on my pc 1 small and other 2 r white. u suggested me ati card so whether ati is better than nvidia bcoz till now i was using 9400GT which proved worst.

Also My Nvidia 9400 GT is not working properly now. Entire system was hanged when I was playing Assassin's Creed but sound was going on into the background and then all of sudden automatically screen is switched off and power saving msg came and when I restarted the PC there was no display at all but computer was booting i.e. Windows start up sound came. Then I disconnected the VGA cable from graphic card and connected it to on board at that time display came. So I just want to know whether it is a graphic card problem or mother board problem. If it is a graphic card problem then whether it is repairable or no other option but to buy a new one.
Score
0
June 26, 2010 9:25:03 AM

Gigabyte 460w is actually 400w psu, peak power is 460w, would work well for HD 5770. Corsair vx 450w can give peak power upto around 550w and is an option if you go for 5850 or 4890.

Don't worry for slots if you were already running 9400gt, as all these cards would fit there given enough spacing in your cpu cabinet.

9400gt isn't a card for games like Assassin's Creed. The issue might be with your power supply if the cpu fan rotates but no display is there. Whether this was a gpu issue, you can check by removing graphics card and connecting display to you onboard video.

If 12k is all you want to spend, I would suggest going for 5770 and Gigabyte 460w.
Score
0
June 26, 2010 12:07:51 PM

try deltapage.com.....chennai price list
Score
0
June 27, 2010 10:34:55 AM

hsetir said:
Gigabyte 460w is actually 400w psu, peak power is 460w, would work well for HD 5770. Corsair vx 450w can give peak power upto around 550w and is an option if you go for 5850 or 4890.

Don't worry for slots if you were already running 9400gt, as all these cards would fit there given enough spacing in your cpu cabinet.

9400gt isn't a card for games like Assassin's Creed. The issue might be with your power supply if the cpu fan rotates but no display is there. Whether this was a gpu issue, you can check by removing graphics card and connecting display to you onboard video.

If 12k is all you want to spend, I would suggest going for 5770 and Gigabyte 460w.



Based on your information I checked in our Mumbai market but there is a huge difference in price. I don't know about the quality and actual power supply they are going to provide but I am sharing these with you so that you can guide Me on that. All of them more or less gave same brand name like Intex, some gave brentel etc etc and they said maximum power supply available with them is 450 Watts only and different different shops offered Me price range between INR 550-650 only. now that's really confusing Me whereas on My question one of gentleman give Me site named theitdepot.com and their I compared the price of corsair VX 450W and it is some what near to your price i.e. INR 4005 on the site. Also non of them is having Gigabyte PSU.

As you suggested I did tht and it worked on ONBOARD and display came where My onboard graphic card is having SIS graphics and having only 64MB of ram :( 

I will check My graphic card again whether it is working or not after replacing PSU. Still requesting you to give your valueable advise on following questions,

1. Requesting you to further clarify on PSU bcoz now I m confused with price and really doubt the quality which they offered Me in the range of INR 550-650. Is their any online site from where I can ordered this PSU of corsair MPSU-450VX at price range which you gave Me. Also advise whether it is going to fit in My CPU or not else it shld not happen that I buy this PSU and found that I can not fix it in My CPU cabinet.

2. Also advise on best sound card. After these two installation i.e. PSU and GPU I may buy a sound card and whther this PSU will support tht or not.

3. I was planning for GeForce GTX 260 or GeForce 9800 GTX+ so just want to knw ATI Radeon 5770 is better than this. Bcoz after your suggestion I am buying ATI card for the first time.

Thanks In Advance.
Score
0
June 27, 2010 10:57:18 AM

1. PSU's in the 500/- range are generic ones, don't have enough amperage on 12v rails to run a decent gpu.
Go to website http://www.theitwares.com
He is very reliable guy, has shop in Lamington Road. You can get the cell no. and company info on the website itself. You can get both graphics card and the power supplies on the website. These PSU's would fit in any cabinet.

2. Don't have experience with sound cards, but these psu's are strong enough to handle sound cards along with gpu's.

3. GTX 260 would be costlier than 5770 and is only marginally better but sucks more power. 5770 is dx11 and is about 20% better than 9800gtx+. Go ahead, presently ATI offers more bang for buck at this level of performance.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2010 10:58:50 AM

those 500 rs psu are zebronics or frontech or some other stupid brand...
check out big computer shops in mumbai..there are lot of em..
ask some of your friends to get an idea about their service
if you want to go online
http://www.theitwares.com/
this is one site which i trust...
http://www.theitdepot.com/
this one is gr8 but i dont really trust it

and for sound card ...which is your mobo??
as all those grfx card are dual slot it may cover up your pcie 1x slot of the sound card
Score
0
July 3, 2010 11:52:38 AM

hsetir said:
1. PSU's in the 500/- range are generic ones, don't have enough amperage on 12v rails to run a decent gpu.
Go to website http://www.theitwares.com
He is very reliable guy, has shop in Lamington Road. You can get the cell no. and company info on the website itself. You can get both graphics card and the power supplies on the website. These PSU's would fit in any cabinet.

2. Don't have experience with sound cards, but these psu's are strong enough to handle sound cards along with gpu's.

3. GTX 260 would be costlier than 5770 and is only marginally better but sucks more power. 5770 is dx11 and is about 20% better than 9800gtx+. Go ahead, presently ATI offers more bang for buck at this level of performance.


U guys really rocks yaar. Thnax a ton 4 your valueble advise. I am planning for Corsair VX 450 but b4 tht Few more doubts friend,

1. Is HD 4890 is better than 5770 bcoz it's price is more that 5770.

2. If 5770 is better than 4890 then I may buy MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready from the site which u gave i.e. theiteware.com bcoz it has 2 fans. wht's ur advise on this or U will suggest some other vendor on this.

3. I m also thinking to wait sometime and buy HD 5830 or 5850 wht's your advise on this or u will suggest NVIDIA in this range. I hope corsair will support their power requirement.

4. I m having Lenovo LCD 19" monitor having VGA cable (one which having blue cable) so If I buy VGA to DVI converter or in above case of MSI R5770 on tht site they r showing in the picture tht they r providing a VGA to DVI converter. Hope tht will work and will not create any problem which I want ensure b4 buying.

5. Also wht is the important factor for GPU whether it is bit rate or their core processor bcoz Nvidia's core processor shows less number comparing to ATI. ATI shows 800 core processor whereas Nvidia shows 192 core processor so which is one is better.

Thanks in advance. :bounce: 
Score
0
July 3, 2010 12:12:49 PM

I have MSI R5770 Hawk is really good card and most important, cold.
4890 is a bit better but 5770 is new generation GPU. Take 5770 and yes with this card come adapter VGA-DVI.
Score
0

Best solution

July 3, 2010 12:55:35 PM

1. 4890 is comprehensively ahead of 5770, about 15-20%

2. Msi Hawk is excellent choice.

3. 5830 is about 20% better than 5770, 5850 about 50%. So only the latter is worth it at abt 15-16k. Though most probably prices won't be going down in near future, if you could afford it along with psu, that would be the best bet.

4. No problem, just clarify with dealer before purchase.

5. Nvidia and ATI have different architechtures, so such comparison is meaningless. Only final performance counts.

There is another good dealer in Lamington Road.
http://www.primeabgb.com/
Prices online are higher than what you may get at his shop.
Share
July 4, 2010 9:06:21 AM

Best answer selected by surtitanuj.
Score
0
July 4, 2010 9:10:55 AM

hsetir said:
1. 4890 is comprehensively ahead of 5770, about 15-20%

2. Msi Hawk is excellent choice.

3. 5830 is about 20% better than 5770, 5850 about 50%. So only the latter is worth it at abt 15-16k. Though most probably prices won't be going down in near future, if you could afford it along with psu, that would be the best bet.

4. No problem, just clarify with dealer before purchase.

5. Nvidia and ATI have different architechtures, so such comparison is meaningless. Only final performance counts.

There is another good dealer in Lamington Road.
http://www.primeabgb.com/
Prices online are higher than what you may get at his shop.


:hello:  Thanks a ton once again for your kind and friendly advise which I feel the best answer from your end. It will be pleasure if you give your personal email id so that I an keep in touch with u for all PC related tech upgradation.
Score
0
July 4, 2010 9:17:03 AM

mjsharma said:
those 500 rs psu are zebronics or frontech or some other stupid brand...
check out big computer shops in mumbai..there are lot of em..
ask some of your friends to get an idea about their service
if you want to go online
http://www.theitwares.com/
this is one site which i trust...
http://www.theitdepot.com/
this one is gr8 but i dont really trust it

and for sound card ...which is your mobo??
as all those grfx card are dual slot it may cover up your pcie 1x slot of the sound card



Don't hv tht much idea on mobo but still opened My PC and on mother board it is written as Lenovo and there r some serial number written on it now I don't whether this will help you or not but still providing u the serial number. LI P/N 1S41V73677102402375 below this it is written as MBD LC PIN :11009206 , S3114DQ, L919824.

Also planning to buy 2.1 speaker system and My choices are Altech Lansing 5021 and it's sound quality is excellent but unfortunately it is not available in the market and another choice is Logitech z 2300 but not heard it's sound quality. Just advise if you hv any idea on this b4 logitech speakers disappears from the mkt

Thanks in advance.
Score
0
a c 273 U Graphics card
August 27, 2010 9:47:13 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!