Newbie-ish question about mouse/movement lag

Hi all,
Sorry if you've answered this b4 - I found similar probs posted but
they seemed to apply to LAN games.

I'm playing single player games (no LAN) and after the first few
levels the movement goes awry - I keep going in the same direction
after I've turned left or right. A bit like skidding on ice.

Don't think it's an overheating problem - happens syraight away when
system is cold

Seen a few posts about mouse settings but I've had no probs b4 with
other games eg. Far Cry (- quite a system hog of a game).

System:-
PS2 Optical mouse, matched mouse mat (no probs with other FPS games)
Radeon 9600 Pro (tried overclocking, tried normal)
Athlon 2600+
512 Mb ram

Any ideas / patches needed / mouse settings?

blackbat /\x/\
4 answers Last reply
More about newbie question mouse movement

    Sorry should have said:-

    WinXP
    DirectX9b
    Radeon 9600 pro drivers updated may

    blackbat /\x/\

    blackbat <xxx@btinternet.com> Blessed us with

    > Hi all, Sorry if you've answered this b4 - I found similar probs
    > posted but they seemed to apply to LAN games.
    >
    > I'm playing single player games (no LAN) and after the first few
    > levels the movement goes awry - I keep going in the same
    > direction after I've turned left or right. A bit like skidding
    > on ice.

    Yes, we have tried to answer this before but have found no answer
    for a person named Mr K that is having the same problem. Mr K is
    running Mandrake Linux and you are running WinXP I see in your
    second post. Hmmm... so it must not be an OS specific problem but
    more of an input problem with the mouse or keyboard. Are you using
    a Logitech mouse? I believe Mr K uses a Logitech mouse. You are
    the first person to have this problem other than Mr K that I know
    of, and if you should find a cure for it, will you please post
    back here and let us know what you did to fix it? Sorry about
    asking for help from you while you are asking for help!

    [Snip to end]

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    blackbat wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > Sorry if you've answered this b4 - I found similar probs posted but
    > they seemed to apply to LAN games.
    >
    > I'm playing single player games (no LAN) and after the first few
    > levels the movement goes awry - I keep going in the same direction
    > after I've turned left or right. A bit like skidding on ice.
    >
    > Don't think it's an overheating problem - happens syraight away when
    > system is cold
    >
    > Seen a few posts about mouse settings but I've had no probs b4 with
    > other games eg. Far Cry (- quite a system hog of a game).
    >
    > System:-
    > PS2 Optical mouse, matched mouse mat (no probs with other FPS games)
    > Radeon 9600 Pro (tried overclocking, tried normal)
    > Athlon 2600+
    > 512 Mb ram
    >
    > Any ideas / patches needed / mouse settings?
    >
    > blackbat /\x/\

    Try alt-tabbing out of UT and then back in, that may work around it,
    although it's still a pain. Check you haven't set something like keyboard
    mouse help. Try letting go of the mouse, then move it in the same direction
    you were moving, then stop. That might work.

    >Try alt-tabbing out of UT and then back in, that may work around it,
    >although it's still a pain. Check you haven't set something like keyboard
    >mouse help. Try letting go of the mouse, then move it in the same direction
    >you were moving, then stop. That might work.

    Ta for the reply but sussed it after about 4 days - unchecked 'preload
    player skins' and suddenly those bots that were kicking my ass are
    screaming for mercy

    blackbat /\x/\

Mice Games Video Games