Hi

after repairing a windows xp professional setup, I can no longer obtain a
new ip from the dhcp and can not therefore get on the internet, any clues?

Is there a driver you forgot to reinstall for the Network Card or Modem?
"bertlev@uniserve.com" <bertlev@uniserve.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:410FADFF-E61E-474C-9A78-27ADB5540710@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> after repairing a windows xp professional setup, I can no longer obtain a
> new ip from the dhcp and can not therefore get on the internet, any clues?

I have re installed all the network drivers and still no success, I am now in
the process of rebuilding this system from scratch. I hope that this will
cure the program, too bad for the customer not backing up his data.

bertlev@uniserve.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> after repairing a windows xp professional setup, I can no longer obtain a
> new ip from the dhcp and can not therefore get on the internet, any clues?

What, specifically, happens when you try? What's the exact text of the
error message that you get?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Doesn't sound like 'uniserving' a customer....

wrote in message news:1FADBB7C-F93D-4F5F-8BE2-EE304A1D971F@microsoft.com...
>I have re installed all the network drivers and still no success, I am now
>in
> the process of rebuilding this system from scratch. I hope that this will
> cure the program, too bad for the customer not backing up his data.
>
> "Rich Barry" wrote:
>
>> Is there a driver you forgot to reinstall for the Network Card or
>> Modem?
>> "bertlev@uniserve.com" <bertlev@uniserve.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > after repairing a windows xp professional setup, I can no longer obtain
>> > new ip from the dhcp and can not therefore get on the internet, any
>> > clues?

Hi,

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:26:02 -0700, "bertlev@uniserve.com"
<bertlev@uniserve.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>after repairing a windows xp professional setup, I can no longer obtain a
>new ip from the dhcp and can not therefore get on the internet, any clues?

Have you by any change changed or rearranged the networkcard?

If you did this without firs uninstalling it, then there can be a
hidden networkcard, which is interferring with the internetconnection.

Regards Leif.