tcp/ip protocol

Can one uninstall this protocol and reinstall and how. I am trying to
uninstall this protocol now, and It won't do it. What could be wrong?

[[In Microsoft Windows XP, the TCP/IP stack is considered a core component
of the operating system, and you cannot remove TCP/IP.]]
How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299357

How to troubleshoot TCP/IP connectivity with Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314067

How to determine and recover from Winsock2 corruption
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes