Sign in with
Your question

Computer boots only on 1 RAM stick

Last response: in Memory
May 18, 2011 11:51:08 PM

MY computer specs are: Asus M4a89GTD PRO/USB3, Corsair TW3X4G1333CDHX G, CorsairHX 650W PSU, Phenom11 1055t proc. LIte on DVD burner.
After putting together my machine it booted 1st time no problems it worked well for about 3 months then 1 day BSOD,every error black screen, no boot mem ok light blinking etc.I reseated my processor amd it would only boot with 1 stick of RAM, if I install the other stick it would not boot and the Mem ok light keeps blinking.Can anyone help in solving this problem? I ran Memtest 86,ASUS diagnostics, tried different ram slots but still will not work with with the 2 two sticks installed. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
a b } Memory
May 19, 2011 12:56:26 AM

If both sticks work in the closest CPU slot, one at a time, then the motherboard has probably gone bad.

As a last resort, you can try to clear CMOS (disconnect power, remove battery, move CLR jumper - put everything back) and try booting again.
May 19, 2011 12:38:19 PM

Tried that first, then after reseating the proc. did it again..... same issues. But thanks for you reply.
!