Sign in with
Your question

RAID 0 - Lost Data Recovery Recommendation

Last response: in Storage
October 11, 2012 4:33:41 AM

Hello,
I recently was running a striped raid array when I decided to break it apart and start new. I deleted a bunch of files and broke apart the raid array. I think quick formatted the drives and installed new operating systems on it.
I then realized I was missing a ton of files I thought I backed up on an external drive

What is the best way to try and get some of this data back?

Rebuild my raid array and attempt data recovery files ?

Or just attempt to use file recovery programs on the three separate drives?
October 11, 2012 1:14:41 PM

Thanks for the reply

I don't mind paying for the data recovery or data recovery software I just looking for the best method about going around it
m
l
October 11, 2012 1:58:43 PM

You overwrote much of data on the disks when installed the new OS, so I believe the data recovery won't be easy and no guarantee for success.
I think you should create a virtual RAID 0 out of the 3 disks in R-Studio and scan it for Known file types. Better to read R-Studio's help first.
This free utility can help you find the RAID's parameter ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery.
m
l
Related resources
October 13, 2012 3:43:25 AM

There are free programs that work. I just recovered a good percentage of files from a computer which had had a system re-installation. I benefited a lot from it indeed. Now I share it with you that I found this useful software in
http://www.magic-partition.com/?20
m
l
November 19, 2012 3:09:43 AM

I would recommend you iCare Data Recovery Free, which is professional and free. It provides you with four recovery options: Advanced Files Recovery, Format Recovery, Lost Partition Recovery and Deep Scan Recovery. The testing shows that they all can regain 80% of data at least, which is quite efficient comparing with other similar tools. It also allows one to recover the wanted data by hooking it after the scanning.
m
l
!