Sign in with
Your question

Seagate malaysia

Last response: in Storage
October 11, 2012 7:29:38 AM

Hello,
My daughter gave me a Seagate Goflex satelite external harddisk which is bluetooth enable. She use it on her Mac PC, the WiFi/Bluetooth did'nt work, but she could use it as a normal external hard disk. I connect it to my WindowsXP PC, the pc only recognized it as a "device" hence I can't use it as an external hard disk. Please help me to get it recognised as an external hard disk

More about : seagate malaysia

a c 110 G Storage
October 11, 2012 4:29:57 PM

You don't want to start swapping a drive between a MAC and a PC, the drive format will just mess you up and you'll end up wiping the thing by accident.

If it formatted for Windows use?
m
l
October 18, 2012 1:02:51 AM

hang-the-9 said:
You don't want to start swapping a drive between a MAC and a PC, the drive format will just mess you up and you'll end up wiping the thing by accident.

If it formatted for Windows use?

The hard disk will no longer be used on Mac, it will only be used on Windows PC. What shall I do to reformat it on a Windows PC since it cannot recognize it as a drive but as a divice ?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 110 G Storage
October 18, 2012 1:43:18 PM

Does it work normally now on the MAC? It could have died between the last time it was used and you got it.
m
l
a c 298 G Storage
October 19, 2012 11:37:10 AM

From the user manual ...

http://www.seagate.com/files/support/external-products/...

"I mistakenly reformatted the drive for my Mac

• The GoFlex Satellite device is designed to work with both Windows and Mac operating systems. However, you must install the Seagate GoFlex software (MacInstaller.dmg) to enable file copying from a Mac. If you reformatted the drive by mistake, first return the drive to its original NTFS format and then download the Seagate GoFlex software from www.seagate.com/support/goflexsatellite.

• If you are using Time Machine®, do not allow the program to use the GoFlex Satellite drive for backup. Time Machine will attempt to reformat the GoFlex Satellite drive."
m
l
!