BSOD, slow audio, and inconsistancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

regun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
In the beginning it all started with some graphic glitches. Playing Dragon age. I would get rainbow/vibrant color textures that would replace in game textures. Over a span of approx. a month its started to get worse. Eventually, it got to the point of a screen of torn colors and shortly there after a BSOD, Now I don't play games anymore. After that I had assumed it was my graphics card and a driver problem. About 4 month later I got a power surge through my network (didn't know that could happen) and my USB ports are working at half power, network ports are no longer working and sound has a crackle. So I put in a sound and network card.

Now I have an issue where everything will be fine but when I shut down it doesn't stay turned off. When I manually turn it off it gives me a BSOD on start-up. System repair usually fixes it whether it actually says it fixed it or not. My audio is in slow motion. If I re-connect the hardware it stops the audio problem but the cycle continues of then not properly shutting down.

Things to note: I got BSOD after the network card but before the Sound card. But it seems to be more persistent after the Sound was installed.

Hardware:
EVGA X58 i7
Nvidia 7900 GTX
Dynex Network card
Rocketfish Sound card
4GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

I'm almost ready just to buy a new graphics card and MB...

regun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009

I don't trust rocketfrish either but Im not going to spend an arm and a leg for just 2 speaker audio. My computer had a surge protector... but the network did not. Just one ethernet cable is all it takes... :(

regun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009

I've got an update.

Got my hands on a Creative Labs card. Same problem. I will probably be looking into getting a new motherboard -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.