Porblems with CCC 10.6...

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I'm having problems with the new CCC 10.6 drivers. My internet strengh in multiplayer is weaker (went from 80 ping to 200, lag every now and then, which i didn't have before) and in BFBC 2, the game keeps closing after 30-45 minutes of online gameplay. Also in the Crysis benchmark, I can't run it unless I have crossfire checked, if I uncheck crossfire the benchmark will either freeze or restart the computer and when i run the benchmark with crossfire checked, I get horrible performance compared to my last CCC (10.4). In 10.4, I got an average of 55fps in the Crysis benchmark at 1920/1080, 4xaa, in 3 loops on the crysis benchmark, on the new drivers, 10.6, I get 42fps on the same settings and gameplay seems a little slower, but not much, maybe 1-2fps slower. The one benifit so far is the flickering in BFBC 2 dissapeared =) ... but thats it...

When i first installed the drivers i did not install the drivers in safe mode. I wondered if that was the problem so I uninstalled the CCC, restart from the control panel, ran driver sweeper, checked ATI and cleaned it, reboot, started in safe mode and went to install the 10.6 but it wouldnt let me!!!! The installer said something like "can not find display driver". So I restart agian in normal mode and it let me install the CCC suite but I am still getting the same issue. I will check if other games have the same problem of bumping me off because I do not know if it is just doing that on BFBC 2.

I hope I don't have to revert back to the old CCC because this new version is supposed to help out the 5970 alot and those are the cards I use!!!

I don't know what to do so any help is GREATLY appreciated

First off your GPU does not having anything to do with your internet PING ( try a differnt server ) You said you installed the new CCC10.6 but did you dload and install the xfire pack ? if you look on the website down below the drivers there is a pack for people running xfire setups.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
You cannot install/uninstall gfx card drivers in Safe Mode.

I think you should be able to install CCC 10.6 this way (after uninstalling completely the previous CCC):

Run the big .exe display driver file which you have downloaded from AMD. It will extract to C:\Ati\Support\10-6_Vista...\

After extraction, stop the installation.

Open Device Manager and double-click Ati Radeon HD5xxx series adapter. Go to Driver tab.

Click Update driver...

When asked, select Let me choose the driver and show the path to the driver folder.

Driver is in C:\Ati\Support\10-6_Vista....\Packages\Drivers

Just click the Drivers folder and click O.K. Windows finds the driver itself.

After driver installation, you should go back to C:\Ati\Support\10-6_Vista....\setup.exe and run setup.exe to install CCC.

Hope this helps.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Ok well a couple of hours ago I kept getting booted from the BFBC 2 games and then my toolbar on the bottum of the desktop all of a sudden turned into windows 98 toolbar so i got mad and decided to do a system restore... not a good thing.

Once it went to the desktop it looked like I was in safe mode, but i wasnt and CCC was not working. I had to reinstall the 10.6 since it didnt go back to 10.4 (also had to re-download it from the ati website) and it wont install properly, sais things like cant unpack this and that and also under control panel it said i had CCC installed but would not let me access it or uninstall it.

i managed to get my desktop display back to normal but i cant open CCC, sais "command line interface has stopped working" and when i tried to play crysis my computer froze before it even showed logos like crytek and nvidia. I then tried BFBC 2.
i got online and played for an hour, now the screen goes black every now and then and i have to look up to return to normal and it still kicked me off an hour after starting.
So yah i screwed it up even more!!!

Also i do have the profiles installed

Plz help me now, I REALLY do NOT want to go on the phone with dell/alienware tech support agian. I have spent far to long talking to them.\
Thanks for any help!!

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Im sorry i forgot to mention OS, its windows 7 64bit Ultimate. Im not sure if it was windows 98 but it looked somiliar.

I know its not a virus as i caused this myself. Nothing was wrong until i tried to install the new 10.6 CCCC suite. It is strange as I followed the steps to the letter EXEPT for i did not install the drivers in safe mode as someone told me a didnt have to. I tried to install them in safe mode the second time but it would not let me (said "driver package not found" or something like that) so i had to install them agian in normal mode.

It started to kick me off BFBC 2 and had severe issues with the crysis benchmark, same as before i reinstalled 10.6, so i decided to do a system restore. What the restore did was went back 2 days earlier but it did not reinstall the old CCC, instead it just said it had 10.4 in it but it wasnt really there, so i got 10.6, reinstalled, now i get random black screens in BFBC 2 and cant open CCC.

Forget about the PING plz, i guess i'll have to chock that up to random internet strengh.
Thanks for any help!

You dont install the drivers in safe mode, you boot into safe mode to uninstall the drivers with driver sweep. Anyways

Lets forget about safe mode for now

1. run driver sweep click ati remove, when asked to reboot say no for now

2. go to control pannal then device manager and display adapers and remove them ( NOW REBOOT )

3. Windows should find your card and install its own driver let it

4. install CCC 10.6 ( reboot )

5. install the xfire pack ( reboot )

Then see whats going on in the games

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Oh Crap you mean i go into safe mode to uninstall drivers!!!! Maybe that was why i was having problems in games! I just went through re-installing my OS so nothing is on my comp right now. The default driver is like 9.1 so i need to update it to the 10.6 and hopefully now it will work with this new found info.

So i first go into safe mode, then remove drivers, then uninstall my graphics cards display drivers, reboot, you say windows will install the graphic cards drivers, and then install CCC 10.6, reboot the nthe applications. Ty for the most in depth explanation!! I will try this once you reply and confirm this is what i need to do, i cant be to careful right now as im freakin ticked at going through 4 1/2 hours of tech support just to do a freakin OS re-install.

You really didnt need to reinstall the whole OS because of a display driver :) anyways seeing you just reinstalled the OS lets try this.

boot in safe mode open driver sweep uninstall the ati display drivers ( reboot )

Then install the CCC 10.6 ( reboot )

Then install the xfire pack ( reboot )

Then try your games.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Ok so i followed your instuctions to the letter and it seems fine but i did have a problem in BFBC 2, it started to glitch horribly, like random blue, white, black, and yellow boxes and streaks appearing randomely all over the place. I had to quit the game and then it was fine when i started teh game agian. There is some slow down in the spawn menu here and there but gameplay is fine. I havent played for more than an hour so i will see if it still kicks me off. BFBC 2 is also the only game ive tested so far, ill test more tomorrow. 1 thing im uncertain of is if the drivers for the cards are in.

It said between after i rebooted and before i uninstalled the old CCC, that it could not install the video card drivers but after i rebooted and installed the new CCC i went to the cards and it said they are up to date. Idk really but it just seems weird. I also did install the profiles and then rebooted. Idk if they are working or not.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Alright i tried out the Crysis Benchmark and, well, not good.
About 41 fps average with crossfire ticked and i can not run the benchmark if i disable crossfireX. Also clouds, trees, and plants all flicker. Im not sure if flickering is the right word, the plants and trees jump from place to place and the clouds flicker badely and sometimes turn into squares when it fickers.
I dont know what is wrong could you guys give me some suggestions. I followed niklas instructions to the letter and i do not have any of the 3D options in the CCC enabled exept the A.I.
Upon reviewing niklas instructions i notice he never told me when i should of removed the old CCC. I removed the old CCC when i rebooted after uninstalling the cards drivers from the device manager. I hope that was the right move.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I played BFBC 2 for a couple of hours and it finally kicked me off. I suppose it is either i messed up somewhere installing the drivers, or 10.6 just doesnt like me. I will try reverting back to 10.4 tomorrow and see if that helps.

Just because you get kicked off a game does not mean your having GPU problem it might of been a server problem or connection problem with your internet.

If you dont like the new drivers ( yes go back to the 10.5 or 10.4 )

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
well it was like it was before. I am playing, see a b lack screen, and it returns me back to the desktop. It doesnt kick me back to the main menu it completely exits the game. There is also that crysis problem with horrible performance.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I reverted back to 10.4
Most problems are gone now exept the cloud flicker and plant flicker in Crysis.
I had similiar problems when i first got crysis. The problem was i had SSAA enabled in CCC. I turned it off and all was well but now, even with it off, i am still getting the cloud and plant flicker. Any advice?