I need to customize the Windows XP operating system, according to the
project, the device which XP is set up, needs sample and basic
features of the operating system.

As you know Windows XP requires about 600 MB memory,
What I want to do is by disabling some features and services, decrease
the memory that XP requires. Is that possible and if yes, how can I do
it?

For instance in Group Policy, there are many settings for computers
and users, Is disabling many of them decreases the memory that XP took
or should I do something while setup?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Emergent-help-needed-ftopict361079.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1148593

Where did you come up with 600MB? Mine runs fine with 384.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User