Sign in with
Your question

New Build, won't POST (ASROCK P67 Extreme4)

Last response: in Motherboards
May 19, 2011 3:47:38 AM

Hi All,

I've just started putting together a new rig with components I extracted mostly from here, save for swapping 2 Geforce 460s for the Radeon they recommend.

After putting the thing together, I've been getting an odd set of codes on the "Dr.Debug" 2 character LED display and absolutely no output whatsoever. First of all, I installed the CPU, RAM, and CPU Cooler outside of the case, then put it inside and rigged it up to the power supply to test it out. At first, I was getting error codes 04 ("Southbridge Initialization before microcode loading"), which followed to an automatic shutdown in 3 seconds, and 19 ("Pre-memory Southbridge initialization started"), which technically should be progress codes, not error codes. I tried putting in the video card but saw no POST at all. I took out everything save the CPU and 1 RAM module and got error code 56 ("Invalid CPU or Speed") and then now all I get is error code 00, which according to the manual isn't even used. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Do I need to start RMAing stuff?
a b V Motherboard
May 20, 2011 8:24:48 AM

Link not working, what system?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 20, 2011 11:48:53 PM

You're not supposed to have to fiddle with these things too much. Best any of us can do is suggest carefully reseating the RAM and evaluating whether any of your 1155 pins is bent.

I think this is an RMA.
m
l
Related resources
July 21, 2011 3:19:39 PM

duckworthd said:
Hi All,

I've just started putting together a new rig with components I extracted mostly from here, save for swapping 2 Geforce 460s for the Radeon they recommend.

After putting the thing together, I've been getting an odd set of codes on the "Dr.Debug" 2 character LED display and absolutely no output whatsoever. First of all, I installed the CPU, RAM, and CPU Cooler outside of the case, then put it inside and rigged it up to the power supply to test it out. At first, I was getting error codes 04 ("Southbridge Initialization before microcode loading"), which followed to an automatic shutdown in 3 seconds, and 19 ("Pre-memory Southbridge initialization started"), which technically should be progress codes, not error codes. I tried putting in the video card but saw no POST at all. I took out everything save the CPU and 1 RAM module and got error code 56 ("Invalid CPU or Speed") and then now all I get is error code 00, which according to the manual isn't even used. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Do I need to start RMAing stuff?

Hey i have this problem and wanted to ask if you got it resolved with the RMA or if you had this problem still
m
l
August 6, 2011 1:44:27 AM

aaawew said:
Hey i have this problem and wanted to ask if you got it resolved with the RMA or if you had this problem still

What I'd like to know, is the normal 'correct' sequence of LED codes that is displayed during boot.
I have an issue where my build gets stuck on code 53 which means 'Memory initialisation, no usable memory'. However before this, it only displays 15 19 22. So wondering if I was meant to see any other codes. :( ((
m
l
!