Solved

Slimline Acer Aspire pc HDD running warm PLEASE RESPOND

Hello, I recently purchased an Acer Aspire x3990 slim line pc. I have installed HW monitor to monitor all my temps. I have noticed the hard drive sometimes creeps up to about 43 top 44 degrees Celsius. This particular case only has a cpu fan which believe it or not does an excellent job of cooling the cpu. The hard drive i believe is tucked away behind the optical drive and doesn't have any ventilation. If it wasn't under warranty i would simply remove the case and drill a few holes in the side of the case where the hard drive is near to allow a little ventilation. Do I need to be concerned about these temps for the HDD as Acer have been building these types of slim lines world wide for years. Hard drive is a WD Caviar green which is rated at 0 to 60 degrees. A google study on hard drives was kind of indicating it does more damage running them too cool rather than too hot.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about slimline acer aspire running warm respond
  1. I would recommend a cooling pad but the temperature is ok.
  2. thanks for responding :) cooling pad probably not an option as this is a desktop and not a laptop computer. but if many people say the temps are ok than i may have to just accept it. once warranty is over i will drill breathing holes in case if needed.
  3. Best answer
    no need to worry Mechanical HD's will always produce heat and that temperature range is nothing it can't tolerate.
  4. thankyou
  5. Best answer selected by gkdofaus.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Aspire Acer Monitors Storage