Advice on buying hd 5770

looking to buy new Gpu hd 5770. i mostly play racing titles such as NFS series and the newly DIRT 2.
the resolution doesn't have to go over the 16xx range
My system specs are:intel pentium E6500@2.93GHz Ram 2GB MoBo: Asus P5G41T-M LX , PSU cooler master 460W
no overclocking not looking for sli or crossfire at this time

Will this graphic card be ok with my current system specs and play my games smoothly?
I use windows 7 64 bit.
13 answers Last reply
More about advice buying 5770
  1. Yes. You should be fine, your CPU is good enough to run it without bottlenecking.

Just make sure you have 1 PCIe 6 pin connector or an adapter.
  2. will be fine HD5770 just be sure to take one with 1Gb memory.

And yes you need to upgrade ram, even i play games on 2Gb DDR3 and is very playable. But i know that i must upgrade soon...
  3. well i had 8500gt which fired up with my mobo.
    i was just worried about cpu that may bottleneck my graphic cards performance
  4. Shouldnt really on racing games. But yea as others have said really need more ram, my laptop has 2gbs and vista uses about half of that just on desktop. You also have a 64bit OS which is for the most part wasted using less than 4gbs, plus ddr2 is so cheap these days.
  5. ummm how is 2 plenty? I have % of ram used displayed on my g15 readout and in game im using 33-40% (usually round 1/3) of 6gbs ddr3 tri channel. if I had 2 it would be constantly full and bottlenecking.

EDIT - @Bounce OP IS using a 64bit OS
  6. yeah get a 1gb 5770 and also a 1gb ram that ll do,,
  7. thankx guys for ur replys.
    i was also considering a gts 250 graphic card for sometime. can u guys help me decide between hd 5770 or gts 250 on basis of performance, value for money and longitiviy(means it can play racing games for next 2 yrs)
  8. salminad said:
    thankx guys for ur replys.
    i was also considering a gts 250 graphic card for sometime. can u guys help me decide between hd 5770 or gts 250 on basis of performance, value for money and longitiviy(means it can play racing games for next 2 yrs)

Take HD5770. Have DX11 and every next generation of racing games will using DX11 like a Drift 2.

Btw, 5770 is better card then GTS 250.

If you ask me, in this moment HD 5770 is best price/performance card...
  9. bouncedk said:
    2 is plenty. You only need 4 if using a 64bit os.

No is not.
    Maybe, if he use computer for internet and watching movie, but not for gaming. ... Unless 4Gb for gaming...
  10. I used to play dirt2 on a 64-bit OS with only 2GB ram... It ran fine on my 5750 @ 1280. Then I upgraded... I really don't see a difference. If the program needs more ram, then it loads unused windows files into the page file so you have like 75% free...
  11. jryan388 said:
    I used to play dirt2 on a 64-bit OS with only 2GB ram... It ran fine on my 5750 @ 1280. Then I upgraded... I really don't see a difference. If the program needs more ram, then it loads unused windows files into the page file so you have like 75% free...

You expect to see difereence?

I have 2gb ram and i play Crysis Warhead, STALKER-COP and COD-MW2 in high and on 1920x1080. But my GPU is bottlenecked becouse that, i know that.

Also everytime when i play, my pc use all posible memory... About 90%
  12. bouncedk said:
    Maybe you need to downgrade and use 2gb before letting air out of your rear. 2gb is PLENTY !!!!!!!!!!

Don't showe us you'r stupidity here on this site...

If you think that is plenty, then use 2Gb for gaming...

You read or you just write, he use x64bit OS...

Everyone tell you that 2Gb is not enough, but you are smarter one... And pls don't reply on me with this kind of post...
  13. i m looking for an upgrade too what should i get 5770 or 9800gx2
    i will be gaming at 1280x1024 enthusiast quality
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Graphics