How could I set up a policy to block a user from using email and
messinger on a Xp pro machine. An employee is spending too much time on
these services and I'd prever to block the ports or service on her machine.
Thanks,
Walt

walt <wla1000@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>How could I set up a policy to block a user from using email and
>messinger on a Xp pro machine. An employee is spending too much time on
>these services and I'd prever to block the ports or service on her machine.

See "How to Restrict Users from Running Specific Windows Programs in
Windows 2000" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323525).

--
(tm)

Thorsten Matzner wrote:
> walt <wla1000@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>How could I set up a policy to block a user from using email and
>>messinger on a Xp pro machine. An employee is spending too much time on
>>these services and I'd prever to block the ports or service on her machine.
>

> See "How to Restrict Users from Running Specific Windows Programs in
> Windows 2000" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323525).

Thanks, I'll try it.