Installing windows 7 on asus p5q with raid /achi +hard disk

mar4all

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
hi every one ...
mobo is asus P5Q ..three hard disk : sata II 320 GB WD ( one green one blue)..
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5Q/
WDC WD3200AAJS
WDC WD3200AVVS

another 250 GB sata II WD with win 7 32 bit on it ...
working all hards with IDE mode for years ... and set up alot of windows copies on it ...

trying to change to raid0 mod with tow WD 320 GB hard drivers ...
so i disconnect the 250 GB hard and make an array with those 320 GB at raid 0 .
start to setup and problems appear from every where ...

on thing in common ...at installing processed after the first restart
(( the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error . windows instillation cannot proceed , to install windows click ok to restart the computer then restart the installation ))

after restart the windows sometimes log in and give me BSOD .. and sometimes give me BOSD after the log in logo disappear ..

NTFS.sys .... fmgr.sys memory management ( blank ) BSOD ... so ...
turn to ACHI mod and give up with raid 0 ...
again alot of problems and error's .
back to raid mod without set an array .. the same problem ... couldn't finish the windows set up and if its finished ( somehow) i had i BSOD after few minutes ..

i try the following... google alots for this ....
try to load drivers from USP flash while installing and after the first reboot and with repairing windows ...
driver from asus mobo page ( unzipped )
- try to check disk .. nothing found using HDD re-generator
- checking memory ...
partition ... unpartition the HDD ...
safe mode dont work stuck on (calsspnp.sys sometimes disk.sys )then BSOD or just restart ..
checking the hardware ( HDD -sata cables - etc ) all work fine
try to setup from USP and DVD ( sometimes wont setup with USP asking for bootable partition )
bios is updated to last version from mobo page ..
doing some hard disk testes with Harins Boot CD ...

i still think that its something about drivers ... but i didnt find the way to feed windows 7 64 bt with the correct drivers ...
or something in compatibility .. mother board is difinitly support raid and ACHI .. dont know how to make sure from the hard disk !!
hope that someone could solve this ... or give me an advice ...

mar4all

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

i didnt get you ??
i set up raid via bios options ... give me the choice for IDE and ACHI .. and raid ..
after choosing raid and restart another windows appear that i have to inter it by click ( ctrl + I ) and sitting the array to raid 0 >> raid 1 >> raid 5 >> raid 10 >>
after set to raid 0 naming hard disk : HDD with 640 GB

.. restart the pc and going to windows installation processed with HDD ..
did i miss something ?

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
This is how I performed the RAID on my system:
1. Installed OS with AHCI configured in the BIOS.
2. Once the OS was up and running, I then added a couple of drives to the system and set the BIOS Storage to RAID.
3. <Ctrl-I> upon bootup and configured the drives for either RAID0 or RAID1
4. Boot into the OS and installed the Intel Matrix Storage Management software
5. Formated/created the partition and assigned a drive letter.

Please keep in mind that I did not have any such errors maybe I got lucky who knows but those are the steps that I recalled however since then I have gone out and purchased an external RAID bay to offload the cpu cycles.

You can also create the RAID array from within the OS however you may need to have Windows 7 Ultimate to support this feature.

mar4all

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

thanks for repley
( i have troubles with AHCI also )
3- when you set raid 0 you will lose data on both drivers including OS ...??

actually i can boot to windows via 250 GB hard disk .. but i set up win on it with IDE mod .. and after changing the mod i couldnt log to windows whatever the new mod is ACHI or raid
will try to setup IMSMS and raid on it and try again ... but i read that win will work fine only if i do a fresh install with new mod

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Read here to go from IDE to AHCI:

[strike]http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354428[/strike]

I performed the *hack* and managed to get my OS up and running however since then I have gone to performing a fresh install which is usually recommended but not really required.

Once you are loaded up into the OS with AHCI enabled in the BIOS and configure in the OS, you should now be ok to shutdown, go into the BIOS, make the changes for RAID and then hit the <Ctrl-I> to configure the RAID array.

Please note that you will lose all data on the HDD's that are assigned to the RAID array.

You should also refer to the manual as it does help - ;)

Edit: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/61869-ahci-enable-windows-7-vista.html?ltr=A

I apologize for the incorrect link.

mar4all

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
ok half of this things work finn
i do the hack for registry ( win 32 bit on the 250 GB HDD ) and restart with ACHI .. ..
install the IMSMS ...and restart ..
then shut down ... connect the other tow HDD start set raid 0 array .... then the windows restart by its own ( logo screen )
on safe mode the drivers stop at classpnp.sys then restart ...
back to 250 GB only but with raid mod ... again its restarted ... changing to ACHI it worked will >>>
so now every thing work fine with ACHI mod .. but none with raid ...

now its on ACHI .. by hacked IDE on win 32 bit ...
the aim is to install fresh win 64 raid mod....why its not work ?

mar4all

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
ohhhh god .... it work .. finally ...

lot of problems solved ... read alot about this and what ppl do to solve it ....
reset bios ..
back to IDE ...
format and format and install new windows ...
classPNP.sys : change it .. download it ...rename it ...
remove memory ... change memory .. change hard ... even the power supply ..
and alot of things ....i read ppl did to solve this issues

couldnt set up fresh win 7
classpnp.sys problem ..
cant boot to OS ..
"...restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed..." problem ...

all is about ... drivers .. bios . and how registry do the things for .sys to load ..

((((Look in bios for Plug and Play OS setting. Set it to yes)))

bios let the OS to take drivers for the hardware ... in my case the default for my bios is (OFF) and bios who let OS choose the driver which is wrong and make problems ...
another thing .. after first boot the registry take all information about the hardware so if he take it wrong will do errors ...so if the OS take what it want from drivers .. and then the bios handle it .. things still going fine ... in other way .. i put the default option back to OFF after set up windows and boot smoothly for first time ... and its still working ...

now i have fresh win 64bit on raid 0 array .. working fine ...
over clock sometimes give blue screen while the OS load the drivers so its better to do things on auto for CPU and Ram ..

thanks for readers ... and ELMO_2006

special thanks to torrentg in here
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/37322-windows-7-fresh-installation-unexpected-error.html

who write about the bios option ...

mycan

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Hi,
All software and drivers for ASUS P5Q motherboard you would recommend the following page.
http://www.driverasus.com/asus-p5q-windows-7-drivers/
Good luck to all of you ..