giga P67-ud4 b3 cpu lever

G

Hello,

I just got an i7 2600k and a gigabyte p67 ud4 board, but the lever that locks the cpu in place wont go down. It fouls the top of the cpu (which is in correct) and creeks. I dont want to break anything, but i've put as much force as im willing to into it, and that took a small scrape out of the top of the cpu where the clip has fouled it. It looks like the clips running lower than it should be, what should i do?

also the sites broke, it wont let me put this in the giga section, no idea why.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello,

I just got an i7 2600k and a gigabyte p67 ud4 board, but the lever that locks the cpu in place wont go down. It fouls the top of the cpu (which is in correct) and creeks. I dont want to break anything, but i've put as much force as im willing to into it, and that took a small scrape out of the top of the cpu where the clip has fouled it. It looks like the clips running lower than it should be, what should i do?

also the sites broke, it wont let me put this in the giga section, no idea why.
Yes, Toms site, like many others, gets a little buggy sometimes.

Trust me here; make sure the CPU is seated properly. If it is then you have nothing to worry about. Close the load plate and apply the necessary force to lock the lever. Re-read your manuals installation instructions, even though they are pretty simple and straightforward, and make sure you've got everything right. Make sure the slot in the front slides into the shoulder screw.
The LGA1155, of the half-dozen sockets I have known, requires over twice as much force as anything that preceded it. I guess Intel wanted to MAKE SURE it was in there!

G

I went to 90 degrees at which point the lever started to deform, i stopped before it got noticable (so i can RMA it if i need to). Im not sure, a friend had a look at said it wasnt normal.

G

my friend has done probably around 10 so far, he builds and overclocks for fun. Hes actually rated as the worlds 28th ranked overclocker too, but thats besides the point.

if i break it they wont accept it back, they only take dead on arrivals / defective products