Restart During the game play

Motherboard: GA-DS4-x48
CPU:E8500 @ 3.1 Ghz
Video: Card: Nvidia GTX 275
RAM: Patriot Gamer Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
PSU:antc 850w

I had this issue for while now and I would like to figure out the problem, If not i guess i have to take it to Geek squad. This issue its been going on for about 3 months. I am not reallly smart when it comes to computers but this one was my 1st buily, The only thing that I upgraded is HD,Video card, and RAM. MY problem is when i play Game; MW2,BF,APB my computer would RESTART, On my lucky days i can play for 3-5 hours no problems, on my bad days like tonight it restarted like 5 times on me, sometimes i can play for hour it would restart, sometimes in 15-20 min. Sometimes on boot up i would get BSOD but once a while they change(bad_pool_header,Pfn_list_corrupt,win32k.sys 97b6b5cd)i prob got the by messing with clock and trying to do diffrent things what i read online.I can surf the web,play music any other stuff with no problems. I ran Test that i could possibly find on Google, OCCT,Memtest86,CPU tests,reinstalled the drivers, OS back to XP, and still same issue. Temps are good, CPU:62 underload, GPU 74 underload,I have 5 fans, so heat is not an issue.

One thing I dont understand is, I ran all GPU tests like 3dmark and my computer never restarted, but during the game play it does, so it seems like video card is fine, I even switch the cable conectors that go in Videocard.

SO i ask you guys if you could give me few ideas what to do next so i can pin point down whats wrong
Things i have done
cleaned the case and rebuild the computer
cleaned the heatsink
memteste86-passed
GPutests-passed
CPu tests-Passed
ALL OTTC test-passed

SO help me GOD lol

Thanks for all support and sorry about broken english
3 answers Last reply
More about restart game play
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Buwish
  2. If all Temps are good sounds like a PSU
  3. That would be my guess also. The only problem is that you have a better than average PSU.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems