Pentium 4 HT 3.2 gHz vs Pentium D 3.2 gHz

I did wonder about this but is there any noticeable difference between the Pentium 4 HT 3.2 gHz or the Pentium D 3.2 gHz processors? I was thinking that HT and dual core are very close related so I thought they are pretty close on performance. Maybe the dual core will be a little faster but I would assume that both would be about the same. Just compairing two processors that have the same speed but just one is a HT and one is a dual core.
6 answers Last reply
More about pentium pentium
  1. The pentium D should be quite a bit faster. Hyperthreading is nice, but it's no substitute for an actual core.
  2. The celeron has an FSB of 533 where the Pentium's is 800. The celeron will have less L2 cache than the pentium
  3. I have a P4-HT and PD, and the Pentium D is a few miles ahead of the HT. The Pentium D could still run newer games today at usually high settings, while with the Pentium 4 - HT games would usually stutter (with the same video card and ram).
  4. cjl said:
    The pentium D should be quite a bit faster. Hyperthreading is nice, but it's no substitute for an actual core.

^+3
  5. Just wondering but what do you guys mean when you say +3 or +2? What does that have to do with the question I was asking? But eather way it looks like dual core is noticeable better than HT.
  6. +nn means they agree what is being said.

I agree with cjl so ........ +4
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Processors Dual Core