Anonymous
June 20, 2010 4:57:43 PM

I recently built my first computer:

750w
amd phenom 2
4gb ram
evga geforce gtx 295
Windows 7 64 bit

I previously had a geforce 7800gt running fine with no problems on the same system. Just got a used but in working condition (I watched it run crysis, fallout 3 etc right before I put it in my system) gtx 295.

I used driver sweeper to wipe out all existing nvidia drivers. Carefully installed card, dled the correct win7 64 bit driver from nvidia and also evga. When I run try to install the driver it says:

"nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers. setup will now exit."

I've tried older drivers, installing drivers again and again, taking the card out a few times and reinstalling it.

It is also not detected in device manager, but there is a yellow caution icon next to PCI express standard root port in the dev mnger:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

This icon doesn't show up when the 7800gt was installed. The is no video adapter option in device manager either, but when I put the 7800 back in the vid adapter option shows up with these specs available.

also when I open msi motherboard control center there is no vid card detected.

I have searched and search but no definitive answer. Need help very badly, spent too many hours searching trying to figure this out with no luck. I have bfbc2, crysis, metro 2033 sitting right in front of me laughing in my face cause I can't play them!! Help is much appreciated, Thanks in advance!

More about : grapihcs card detected

Anonymous
June 20, 2010 5:18:48 PM

Update Fix: Installed the updated chipset drivers..doh
!